Electric fan yes or no?

-

Kevin D.

Reaction score
I have a 69 dart with mild 340 26 inch mopar radiator. That I dont know what it is out of shroud and viscous fan. I have no cooling issues but have thought about putting in a 16 inch electric fan in its place to free up some horse power. I read here about so many cooling problems should I try it or leave good enough alone? Your input would be helpful. Thanks Kevin.

I say leave good enough alone. if you want to add one on the front as a backup thats fine but the hp benefit if your running a vicous fan isn't hardly anything.

leave it the way it is. i had an electric fan quit 2 hours from home. no more electric crap for me.. :)

If you are not having major heating issues let it...

Kevin, I'd use the dual fans from be cool mounted on the engine side, they move 2300 CFM if I remember correctly. I've installed them along with a relay and temp. switch to turn the fans on and off, and they work very well, not to mention the fact that you can do away with your existing w/p driven fan.

Good shroud and MP's clutch fan should work fine for you, but if you want to invest money into electric fans, I think this setup is worth it.

Leave it alone. I put an electeic fan on the front for extra cooling but, I was having cooling problems. I shelved the original rad, and went with a aluminum rad. That did the trick for the cooling.Step away from the radiator young man.

-
Back