Electric Speedo Question

-

mullinax95

Reaction score
I finally installed my Electric Speedo and took it for a test drive. And don't know what the problem is but it reads around 10 to 15 MPH to slow. I don't think I am losing my mind but it seems when I'm going 40 MPH it is showing around 29 MPH. ??

It is the Auto Meter MCX series gauges. I doubled checked the sensor wiring and I have white to the speedo and black to ground.

Can or how do you adjust a electric speedo?? The factory speedo read correctly.

DSC01877.jpg

If it has a distributer sensor, there should be a 4/6/8 cylinder adjustment or some way to calibrate it.
I know very little about aftermarket gauges.

If it has a distributer sensor, there should be a 4/6/8 cylinder adjustment or some way to calibrate it.
I know very little about aftermarket gauges.

Thanks Ben. The sensor attaches to the transmission where the old cable used to attach. It comes with around 2" of cable that goes between the transmission speedo gear drive and the sensor. I was just thinking that I might have it to tight or not tight enough. I'll take it lose and check things out but was wondering if anyone knew any adjustments or options. The only option that I know of is I will have to change the speedo gear drive (whatever it's called) to more or less teeth.

I put a autometer speedometer in my dart.I do not have the instructions in front of me but on mine you press the odometer reset to get it in the calibration mode at a mile marker then drive 2 miles to a mile marker stop and press it again. it was counting the pulses from the sender during the two mile drive and displaying them in the odometer window. it was right on the money when finished.

baumtruck is correct. You need to calibrate the gauge once and then any time you change gears or tires. It's the best upgrade I have. You will love it.

I put a autometer speedometer in my dart.I do not have the instructions in front of me but on mine you press the odometer reset to get it in the calibration mode at a mile marker then drive 2 miles to a mile marker stop and press it again. it was counting the pulses from the sender during the two mile drive and displaying them in the odometer window. it was right on the money when finished.

baumtruck is correct. You need to calibrate the gauge once and then any time you change gears or tires. It's the best upgrade I have. You will love it.

Thanks guys! I guess it would help if I read the instructions huh?

-
Back