electrical connectors

-

ajarofclay

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get the other ends of these connectors? Ebay has some similar stuff but they don't look quite the same. Might be being picky but I don't have the heart to cut these off to use generic connectors.

How many are you looking for of each (M &F)? I have a few extras in brass. A lot of the "new" replacements are a tin alloy and no longer brass. The Male is a #CG8 and the Female is #CG7 in Standard Motor Parts catalog.

How many are you looking for of each (M &F)? I have a few extras in brass. A lot of the "new" replacements are a tin alloy and no longer brass. The Male is a #CG8 and the Female is #CG7 in Standard Motor Parts catalog.
as far as the metal ends themselves, I'd need 3 female and 1 male. It's the plastic shells that I'm most concerned with. I'm a little confused by what sex they would consider them. I guess just the opposite side of the photo's. 1 of each.

I may have the shells also. How many of each do you need? as far as I know the shells/housings are not being remade.

as far as the metal ends themselves, I'd need 3 female and 1 male. It's the plastic shells that I'm most concerned with. I'm a little confused by what sex they would consider them. I guess just the opposite side of the photo's. 1 of each.
That's correct.
The metal parts are called the terminals, and yes the male terminals are usualy in the female housings.

There's a few catches when dealing with these.
The closest male terminals can be found under Packard 56 (also called Delphi and APtiv by successive owners of the product line.)
The closest female terminals are Packard 58 and some other manufacturer's terminals.
They do not all interchange perfectly. Try to find the closest female terminal to the original when using the original housings.

Sources for Chrysler type wire terminals

I have made it a point to buy the Standard CG7 & 8 because they have fit all the Mopar housings/connectors I've put them in. I'm sure the Packard connectors are fine also.

I have made it a point to buy the Standard CG7 & 8 because they have fit all the Mopar housings/connectors I've put them in. I'm sure the Packard connectors are fine also.
Ha, wow, now my head is spinning. Who'd o' thunk it would be this intricate. The pictures that you see are original Chrysler ends. I'm surprised that the one is just open without a housing. So, I'd need one of the MALE "T" housings and one of the Male single housings. I'd need 3 of the female terminals that would fit into those housings best and 1 male terminal the fit the naked female terminal in the pics. Let me know what you would need to get for them.

It's not that difficult but does take some time to note the details and pick the right ones for the connector.
If the terminals don't lock in the housing properly, then they will partially or completely back out when the connectors are coupled together. The result is poor or no contact. Sometimes they work for a while, and then show up as intermittant open circuits. I learned this the hard way first on a jeep, but had it on the a-bodies too.

Buy one of these you wont regret it.
s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DELPHI-PAC...478010?hash=item547d99b43a:g:~W8AAOSwYZJeIRQs

Those kits are nice. Depending on what you are doing, you might look at a place like waytek wire to find them. They have a solid selection of ends/connectors and the minimums are not too bad.

I have a bunch of them if you are looking for a few. I use a lot of packard 56 connectors when doing power window relay kits. Shoot me a PM if interested with what you need. @ajarofclay

Last edited:
After checking, I realize I don't have the terminal housings you need, Just the terminals.

Those kits are nice. Depending on what you are doing, you might look at a place like waytek wire to find them. They have a solid selection of ends/connectors and the minimums are not too bad.

I have a bunch of them if you are looking for a few. I use a lot of packard 56 connectors when doing power window relay kits. Shoot me a PM if interested with what you need. @ajarofclay
Got 'em out of the Mailbox today, Rob. Thanks a bunch.

-
Back