Elevator Progress

-

mguner

How many is too many?
Reaction score
I finally got it sorted out in my head and laid out some metal. I spent most of my long weekend fabbing parts, drilling holes and welding but the basic trolley is up and running. All I need to do now is add the fold down platform and a few reinforcement braces.
elevator-3-jpg.1714948838

elevator-2-jpg.1714948839

Last edited:
The other day, I farted in a full elevator....

It was wrong on so many levels....

How large of a platform you going to put on it ?

When you get up to the top level, how are you going to fill in the gap between the platform and the top level? Are you running two hoists or just one cabled through the lift and attached across from the hoist, similar to a 4 post car hoist? What kind of weight do you anticipate lifting? I think that you have a neat idea going here......

If any Polish people ride the elevator, it can be called a "Ski" lift.....

Been trying to upload these shots for a week but my darn yahoo account won't work from my phone for some reason.... Diagonal braces were added under the platform and a latch to hold it in the folded position.

elevator-4-jpg.1714953488

Got a little dizzy upstairs it seems....
elevator-5-jpg.1714953489

I can think of a certain hop grower on here who would dig this thing! Very cool sir - very cool indeed!

When you get up to the top level, how are you going to fill in the gap between the platform and the top level? Are you running two hoists or just one cabled through the lift and attached across from the hoist, similar to a 4 post car hoist? What kind of weight do you anticipate lifting? I think that you have a neat idea going here......
Single hoist on a turnaround. The platform will have a short segment on the wall side mounted via piano hinge that falls into place when it reaches the upper level. Theoretically the turnaround doubles the capacity of the winch but I don't plan to exceed its original rating of 1500#.

-
Back