Emissions Test

-
DeSantaclause gets credit for everything good. Lol
Yea. Alot has changed since car leasing and computerized fuel injection.

I just pass, that is bypass the smog station. Classic car insurance exempts the car from being tested.

:mad:
Oddly, is it just me, or do the Democrat ran counties, of these states mandate Emmissions inspections.

Set it at " lean best idle" take it in for the test then set it back ...its strange they are even testing a 73 car. back when I was an emissions inspector, the older 70s cars were supposed to "drop off the radar " by program design. In other words a 73 model shouldn't require an emissions test. there aren't enough of them on the road to be a major contributor to smog/pollution. EDIT: I did some quick research each state has its own "cutoff" date for emissions, Arizona is 1967 and earlier, Pa is 1975 and earlier. This adds to the confusion I suppose. So, some states more than others may be "old car" friendly...:)

Last edited:
^^And what pisses me off is that ANY state would test a 67, as, except for CA, 67 did not even HAVE any emissions specs or equipment, except for PCV.. I believe ID is the same way, except there are only 1 or 2 counties (down south) that require any smog testing^^

Don't you know?
Some lawmakers are going to save the world. One county at a time.
:icon_fU:

:mad:
Oddly, is it just me, or do the Democrat ran counties, of these states mandate Emmissions inspections.
You are wrong, at least in WA State. We don't have emissions inspections anymore. The VAST majority of cars on the road in our state, today, are computer controlled FI, with catalytics. So it's a waste of money and time to test cars that rarely fail the test.
I suppose a lot of the more densely populated urban areas are generally more liberal, so more likely democratic. And urban areas often have air quality problems from cars and industry. But I think it's a far leap to conclude that only Democratic controlled areas pursue emissions testing.

You are wrong, at least in WA State. We don't have emissions inspections anymore. The VAST majority of cars on the road in our state, today, are computer controlled FI, with catalytics. So it's a waste of money and time to test cars that rarely fail the test.
I suppose a lot of the more densely populated urban areas are generally more liberal, so more likely democratic. And urban areas often have air quality problems from cars and industry. But I think it's a far leap to conclude that only Democratic controlled areas pursue emissions testing.
So, how do they receive an old patina d ,lets say 1966 Belvedere station wagon going down the road...? I use this as an example because I saw one in my area on the highway last summer and it was cool to see it out there doing 70 mph...

There's 49 other states.
The trend is obviously not wrong.

Last edited:
-
Back