Empty FuseBox Terminal

-
So it sounds and looks like my tach is supposed to plug into the "shinny" terminal?
You've got the real thing on your side of the screen. You'll have to tell us if what you have matches what we've posted.
A vacuuming up of the tinder, and then a gentle cleaning of the insulation wouldn't hurt. Just a damp cloth should be enough. Connections may need something more but if that shiny is any indication, the contacting surfaces are not in bad shape.

Here is a colored schematic I downloaded from a member here, who used a factory schematic for reference purposes.
My 67 is factory tach and defrost. Not sure if I have pics.
Yeah well the add on tach harness also came with a fuse clamp on the end of a wire to be placed where the standard fuse box didn't get one. The fuse box shown does have a fuse clip at branch circuit side in every port. My standard 67 fuse boxes are missing the one clip. No add on accessories. We can't know how the factory installed both of these accessories unless we find a factory example.

Attachments

• 67 Barracuda COLORED Factory WD REV 1.pdf
    74.8 KB · Views: 177
I have a 67 Barracuda with a TAC.
I happen to currently have my dash out for a repaint.
I looked at my wiring and took a pic for you.
The terminal in question you see on mine has a short black wire running to the terminal next to it.
The dark colored purple looking wire above it is for the TAC.
Hope this helps.

IMG_2238.JPG

I have a 67 Barracuda with a TAC.
I happen to currently have my dash out for a repaint.
I looked at my wiring and took a pic for you.
The terminal in question you see on mine has a short black wire running to the terminal next to it.
The dark colored purple looking wire above it is for the TAC.
Hope this helps.

View attachment 1715267762
Now That looks right and makes sense to me. Mine looks like the black and purple are reversed.

Now That looks right and makes sense to me. Mine looks like the black and purple are reversed.
Yup.
Look at the riveted terminal tab.
Whoever assembled you box thought it made more sense to have all the tabs lined up.
Whoever assembled Z-man's fuse box put them in the way the service manual diagram shows.
Both apparently past whatever QC checks they had.
laugh2-gif.gif

So....the main feed tab broke off. Is there any way to fix this?
Considering a modern blade style panel but have no clue how to convert.

FuseBox.jpg

That would work. I'd prefer an open barrel connector with insulation support.

Well honestly I'd prefer not to share the feed and be looking for a replacement fuse connector or fuse box.

Maybe I'm missing what you are saying. The tab broke on the fuse box AND the wire. Crimping a connector on the wire is easy but what about the tab on the box?

The picture I was looking at post #32 was a bus bar with 2 tabs /one broken and I responded with the piggy back terminal to use for the broken one, so the affected circuit could use the same fuse.

I think I understand that.......Could I crimp on a new spade terminal on the wire and plug it into the empty post next to the broken one? They look to be connected together and it's not being used.

I think I understand that.......Could I crimp on a new spade terminal on the wire and plug it into the empty post next to the broken one? They look to be connected together and it's not being used.
Correct.
Both Jazak5 and I assumed you were using both terminal spades.
But that's not the case. Sorry about that.
A functional repair simply need a female terminal, preferably an open barrel flag terminal.
upload_2019-5-12_17-44-2.png

The wire with red insulation and white stripe is hot at all times. This what most of us would call the main feed.

The wire with black insulation and white stripe is hot when the key is in run or accessory position.
On the wire diagrams and key switch this power line is marked as 'accessory.' It can be refered to as the switched feed and everyone will understand.

Correct.
Both Jazak5 and I assumed you were using both terminal spades.
But that's not the case. Sorry about that.
A functional repair simply need a female terminal, preferably an open barrel flag terminal.
View attachment 1715334317

The wire with red insulation and white stripe is hot at all times. This what most of us would call the main feed.

The wire with black insulation and white stripe is hot when the key is in run or accessory position.
On the wire diagrams and key switch this power line is marked as 'accessory.' It can be refered to as the switched feed and everyone will understand.
Matt comes through again! Just wanted reassurance that I could plug into the unused terminal next to the original that broke off, looks "shared" to me.

-
Back