Engergy vs Just Supspention kits

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
Which kit are some of you guys using, id like to install a kit in my cuda, just mainly bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints, and what not. Should i hold off and wait untill i get discs up front. Id like to maybe autox my car, yet now i got the daytona thinking of making that the auto x'er. I at least want it to handle up to date, if you know what i mean.

How did you guy's kits work for you? Thoughts?

I'm doing to use the PST kit also. Seems the Polygraphite gives the best of both worlds as far as the benifit of polyurithaine and the quiteness of rubber ( atleast I've heard not as much noise )

IMHO, stay with rubber bushings. I did polygraphite on my Barracuda there was neither an improvement in the handling or a degradation in the ride. For something provides little or no performance advantage, that costs more and by it's design will wear out faster, it doesn't seem to make sense to use them.

Plus even the polygraphite bushings can and will squeak. About a month after doing mine the strut rod bushings started squeaking, it was embarrassing to drive through a parking lot. I could and did re-lube them but the squeaking was back within a couple of weeks. I pulled the strut rods and went back to rubber bushings there.

I believe that the folks that report dramtic improvements when going to poly are going from a worn out rubber bushing front end to a new poly. When i did mine it was from a new rubber to new poly (I was installing a 73+ disk brake system and figured I would give them a try).

i agree with dgc333, use moog high density rubber strut rod bushings. the poly's also are 3/8" thicker and you have to lower the car more to get correct camber/caster setting.

FYI- pst uses energy suspension bushings, just suspension uses prothane. 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the other.

I did the poly bushing in my Dart and they are constantly squeaking, sounds terrible, wouldn't do it again.
Bruce

i usually overlube every bushing til the lube comes out the sides pretty thick. but sometimes i think i may have had dried bushings and they never stopped until they were changed.

thanks for the good info, i can get moog at work cheap so i was deciding what to go with, so even if i want it to handle good the moog stuff will work good? I heard things about squeaks and whatnot and that would bug the hell out of me.

-
Back