Engine install wasn't fun

-

rklein383

Reaction score
Putting an engine and transmission in my Honda Accord is way harder than my 440 four speed in my Barracuda...

I've never seen an Accord engine, but I imagine something like this?

hamster.jpg

What made it so difficult? I've only changed engines in one FWD, my old (now gone) 86 Dodge 600. There are a number of bolts that are a little difficult to access, and as I recall I had to cut the spring loaded exhaust flange bolts, but it wasn't what I'd call "difficult."

Honda civic/accord is one of the easiest swaps around,we do them in 3-4 hours as a complete assembly.I swapped my 2001 civic 1.6 to the 1.7vtec in no time at all,mrmopartech

It's like any thing else the first time is the hardest but hell on the third or forth time putting any Honda engine is simple just keep practicing and you will get it.

It's like any thing else the first time is the hardest but hell on the third or forth time putting any Honda engine is simple just keep practicing and you will get it.

yeah i think its an inexperience thing. I've read stories of people who road race hondas at lemons/other events and competitors have popped their motors and swapped in a replacement by the next day.

These days i've come to respect import cars when they're done right.

See exhibit A:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z37pLH0LCbc"]Turbo K20 Civic battles modded Corvette ZR1 - YouTube[/ame]

It would definitely be easier the second time. I did remove the engine and transmission as an assembly, out the top.

I still would rather do a big block installation any day.

And now, a REAL engine swap, LOL

big-engine.jpg

Attachments

• big-engine.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 123
-
Back