Engine mounts in correct location to k frame 70 swinger

-

snowmobiler7c

Reaction score
Quick question. Just installed the motor in my 70 swinger. Looking at the motor mount holes the drive driver side is bottomed out and passenger side is approximetly 1/2" from bottoming out to the k member. If assume they should be both at the bottom of the grooves on the k member correct? Or is this correct? 360 block with Schumacher mounting brackets and mity mount engine mounts. Mount pins are in the locating holes.

0325191325.jpg

0325191325a.jpg

0325191325b.jpg

0325191325c.jpg

0325191326.jpg

have you levelled the engine per Schumacher's instructions?

Level the chassis side to side, front and rear, then level the carb pad. After that it don't matter, as long as you can turn the steering wheel from lock to lock without it hitting the oil pan.
And then come the headers. Do what you gotta do

Excellent thanks. Id imagine its best to level front to rear on at the door sills and side to side on the cowl and core support? I could not find any instructions from Schumacher on leveling the engine, not sure if they were sent with the mounts.

You might google search something like... conversion spool mounts 73_and_Up_S6_SB .pdf Although it is for a different set of mounts, Notice that they drill a 9/16 hole on one side where there once was a slot. Very little movement remains on this one side but ample slot remains on other side to obtain level position. They don't use a little pocket level on the carb pad either. Instead a long level is placed across valve covers. Does length of level make a difference? I don't know. Ask a builder I suppose. Good luck with it.

Thanks just bolted everything up. I may be too anal on setting it up but just trying to make sure everything is done correctly. Does being off a small amount matter at all? I don't know, Im sure there are a bunch of guys that drop them in, bolt them up and go. I was able get it almost perfectly level moving the motor more toward the driver side. Both motor mount bolts are approximately 1/8" from bottoming out on the slots of the k member. level is almost perfect on the carb pad or across the valve covers.

Try loosen off the bolts on the bracket on block. Is there not a little nub on the mount as well that fits in a divit in the mount on the K member? Kim

Check out the first part of the header install instructions for engine positioning. When I did mine I had a 1/8” spacer on the drivers side between the biscuit and K frame.

SB Header Installation

Check out the first part of the header install instructions for engine positioning. When I did mine I had a 1/8” spacer on the drivers side between the biscuit and K frame.

SB Header Installation

There were only nubs on the bracket side of the mounts. I did try loosing the brackets but not much wiggle room. Looking at these header install instructions my measurements are identical to the posted specs.

There were only nubs on the bracket side of the mounts. I did try loosing the brackets but not much wiggle room. Looking at these header install instructions my measurements are identical to the posted specs.

I should have said that I made a spacer for the drivers side. Needed it to clear the header and level the engine, have power steering.

I should have said that I made a spacer for the drivers side. Needed it to clear the header and level the engine, have power steering.

I have Doug's headers. Looks like I'm good There even with power steering. They are sitting loosely there now just need to bolt them on. Thanks

-
Back