Engine Question.

-

DocHolliday1995

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on what this engine is? I inherited it from my grandfather when he passed away. He told me it was a mopar 318, that came out of my 69 dart. He had dementia so I'm not sure he was in his right mind when he explained this to me. I don't have enough knowledge of engines to even know it is in fact a mopar engine. Here is the engine code, I can get some more pictures tomorrow of the other numbers on the front of the block if need be. Thanks guys.

engine.jpg

Need a better pic. The first pic has a -360 and the second pic has a -340??
stamping on front of block also
Treblig

In that case you probably have a 360. Although 340s are worth more money I think I'd rather have a 360 to built, there's no substitute for cubic inches!! I hope it's complete??

treblig

In that case you probably have a 360. Although 340s are worth more money I think I'd rather have a 360 to built, there's no substitute for cubic inches!! I hope it's complete??

treblig
If it is the engine from my dart, it was driven into my shop so it is complete. Only things that need to be replaced are the intake manifold, carb, and distributor.

Probably a magnum 360 block. Size is cast right into the block as you can see.

With the casting number 53006921. I come up with a 1989-90 360 truck block w/roller tappets.
That's from MyMopar.com

I like the pre magnum rollers because of the rollers but they are also LA block and there is a s**t ton of parts out there for it.

thats the ideal block there, no worries about what oil to run, and tons of selection in parts...and the heads dont tend to crack

Yep, that's a good one. I used one to build my 408. Stock replacement roller lifters dropped right in. All of the pre-Magnum stuff from my 340 bolted right on to it.

-
Back