engine stand

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Well I bought a used engine stand for my 360.it came with no bolts to atach it to the motor,what grade bolt and size should i get.also any installing tips.

I went to the hardware store and bought some new heavy duty bolts, don't wan't that sucker hitting the floor! I think the size bolt had a 9/16 head, maybe 5/8? Can't remember, haven't had to use a stand since my 340 build.

3/8ths bolts and washers wen puting on motor leve all bolts lose get the motor head as close to center as posable then titen bolts close to center of pivet pont then the ones on motor this will make it easyer to turn im sure someone that smarter with this com. can show you a pic.hope this helps

I had to do the same with a new stand I bought at Princess Auto, they gave me what I needed for free they were grade 8 bolts.

Put some flat washers under the bolt heads. Without them the bolt head can sink into the tubing. Makes them hard to get a wrench on.

Hey:

First thing I do with an engine stand is make sure the mounts will actually accept the engine I'm working on. I used the same stand for small block Fords for years, but then found it wouldnt spread wide enough for small block Chrysler. LOL!

Steve

LXguy you just about gave me a heart attack,so I went and check it will work.Never even thought of that either lol.

I would get nothing less than Grade 8. The last thing you want is that thing dropping on your foot because the bolts broke. Like what happened to a buddy of mine.

-
Back