entered for Pinks All OUT at MIR in June!!

-

racerbob

Reaction score
Folks,

I went online at 7:00 PM tonight and bought my drivers entry ticket for PINKS ALL OUT at MIR on June 19-20, 2009!!!

I really doubt they will pick a field of 12 second cars, but at least I will get my two runs down the track in front of the cameras for $68.

Hoping to get lucky, or at least have a good time.

Bob

Congratulations! Seems like getting tickets to that isn't very easy.

Have fun@!

You never know. I didn't try very hard to get in to the August 08 pinks all out in Denver because I thought my 12 sec car was too slow. And they picked a group that my car fit right in to! Several of the guys who made the show are guys that I race all the time.

Hey, from what I've seen when watching Pinks, Rich Christensen is a BIG MoPar fan! He really loves having Ma MoPar in his finals on the show. I honestly think he gets sick of seeing all the Mustangs and Camero's on the show. At least he likes the odd cars, like wagons, trucks, etc. So prehaps your 12 second MoPar has a chance if Rich had something to say about it. Have you got a picture of this 12 second car?

yea the picture is my avatar, with my car staged at MIR! It is a Top Banana Yellow 1973 Dart Sport 340 with yellow bumpers and a black hood scoop and rally wheels.

and yes it was pretty hard to get tickets , I think they sold out all 400 within a few hours ! I am quite happy to get mine!!!

I will do my best, and I hope any MOPAR bias by the judges works in my favor !!

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!,

Bob

racerbob - fear not! I know I'm out of place a little bit here (I'm a G-Body guy...'80 Monte Carlo) you're not the only one in your place!

I have my car in my garage RIGHT NOW - doing some nice overhauling! When it's done, it should be right around 12.00 1/4 mile ET!!!!

And YES - I will see YOU IN BUDDS CREEK, MD @ MIR in JUNE!!!!

Stell80Monte04.JPG

Like I said - I know I'm out of place here with a G-Body - BUT I could NOT resist posting in reply...ESPECIALLY when I read you're running a 12 second 1/4!

I look forward to meeting you...I'm pumped to get this car done and back in action! Here's to a 12 second PINKS ALL OUT 16!!!!

STELL

THANK YOU! It can use some body work down low, but otherwise I'm good 'til I get through college!

Thanks again! And to you, too - there are some NICE pieces of work here! Very nice cars, guys...

Stell

Stell80 monte,

actually I think your car is an "A" body, so I went and googled it . Per wikipedia: RWD Monte carlo's built in 1978 to 1981 are "A" body models, the RWD Monte carlo's built from 1982 and later are "G" body models. GM did this not only to confuse the consumer , but to allow them to give classic models like the Celebrity (when was th elast time you seen one of those on the road!!) the coveted "A" body title. I was a Chevrolet Certified Technician in 1981 and sort of remember this happening.

So even though your car is a Chevy, it is still an "A" body racecar and welcome in my eyes.

Glad to see someone else with a 12 second car coming to PAO.and look forward to racing your in the final!!

Bob

Hey RacerBob,Good Luck on Pink's All Out,you never know,you might be the ONE!Keep the sunny side up:cheers:

racerbob, thanks for that insight! That's pretty crazy...never would have known. And low and behold, I find it out. WAY TOO FUNNY! 8)

BigStrok3, I have the paint code/name on my other computer. I will fire it up this weekend and let you know. Think it's something like medium metallic red...I'll fill you in. Either way, it was a GM factory color '04-'05. I've yet to see it look as good on another car as it does on mine though!

Stell

Congrats. I tried to register, but between my slow typing and slow computer I didn't get in intime.

"classic models like the Celebrity (when was th elast time you seen one of those on the road!!) "

racerbob. believe it or not, my grandmother still has one and, believe it or not, it still runs

-
Back