Erson vs. Comp Cams

-
Rusty, if you have any questions, here we are. We'll be glad to answer them. PM me and I'll be glad to give you contact information to speak with one of our salesmen. I'm on here to address and quality or precision questions or issues, or to assist people in choosing the correct profiles for their combinations. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that you've encountered, and I'm addressing these issues because we've heard others like it. If you have any trouble contacting someone now, please let me know. I took the manufacturing facility over in October of 2011 and I'm working to bring you the best product on the market.

If you would make your lobe catalog available for download you might get some of my business. In fact, any catalog for free download would be a help as the web site is sub-standard (refer to your other thread). You won't get the opportunity if your info can't be disseminated without involving a tech guy or credit card.

Just looked at the catalog. Do a search for Dodge, Plymouth, or even Chrysler. Unless I'm doing something wrong, there was nothing there for the LA, RB or even hemi engines....... Just saying.

Thanks Tony! I apologized on the thread in Small Block Tech forum.

Thanks Tony! I apologized on the thread in Small Block Tech forum.

no apology needed....if a company wants your business they should be providing the means to find their product...

some of erson flat tappet grinds look pretty nice but hell in the hell would you ever know....lol

no apology needed....if a company wants your business they should be providing the means to find their product...

some of erson flat tappet grinds look pretty nice but hell in the hell would you ever know....lol

I totally understand that our website right now is difficult to navigate and we don't have our profiles listed. If you will send me your information PM I will be glad to send you a catalog, wherein on pages 297 through 303 you'll find a full list of our lobe designs, which will include all flat tappet and roller profiles. Thanks for your comments; it helps us to meet our customers' needs and expectations.

The Erson vs Comp thing has had it's moments.

In 2010 we were in a dyno contest on Comp Cam's dyno. Our 451 made more hp/ci than anything else in that contest, 1.60 hp/ci on 93 octane. Plus it made over 130 HP more than any other 451 in the contest. Most everyone there was running a Comp cam. A Comp representative came to us and asked what cam we were running and I told him an Erson solid roller. He was very quiet then, but still to this day he is very friendly, helpful and will treat me very well.

We went home and switched to another Erson solid roller and made 1.745 hp/ci with the same engine on 91 octane.

I don't want to trash talk but Comp has lost me as customer since even their custom products are so out of tolerance. In a current build im on cam number 2 from them and even after catching them on first cam they still send me a cam that's not what I ordered. Closer than first cam but still off and not what I ordered. This is three cams within the last year. Three strikes you're out.

It is unfortunate but mistakes will happen with every cam company at some time.

Some people have the skill and knowledge to discover the error.

Every cam company I have used has sent me something that wasn't what it was supposed to be. Distributor drive gears with flashings that cut up the intermediate shaft gear. Flat tappet lobes that didn't have the flashing ground down between the lobes and hit the lifter. No fuel pump lobe on the big block cams. Fuel pump lobes that were too narrow and the cam and fuel pump pushdrods rubbed on each other making metal shavings. The bolt holes in the front of the cam wrong so the timing gear retaining bolts wouldn't thread in. Cam timing ground wrong.

Maybe it is common practice now but I just got my first cam that had three 3/8-24 fine thread holes in the front of the cam instead of the usual 3/8-16 course.

But no cam company has everthing I need or want. So I must shop around and even eventually return to the ones that let me down.

Dad told me, "Jimmy, don't trust anybody. Double check everthing!"

Sounded pretty harsh so I switched to, "Trust everyone, but verify everything."

Remember people, you can't blame the part manufacture for a blown engine if you didn't check every part before you installed it.

And you can't blame the engine builder if it blows up and you chose him to build your engine. Choose wisely. If a good engine builder makes a mistake, he will make it right.

I don't need anything for a Mopar now, but I wouldn't mind looking to see what you have in a 5.0 Ford hydraulic roller. Factory roller engine.

Rusty, if you have any questions, here we are. We'll be glad to answer them. PM me and I'll be glad to give you contact information to speak with one of our salesmen. I'm on here to address and quality or precision questions or issues, or to assist people in choosing the correct profiles for their combinations. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that you've encountered, and I'm addressing these issues because we've heard others like it. If you have any trouble contacting someone now, please let me know. I took the manufacturing facility over in October of 2011 and I'm working to bring you the best product on the market.

Rusty, I sent EronCamShop a Pm with my address and in about 3 days I got a book of their cams over an inch thick.

i'm sure they have something.

I don't want to trash talk but Comp has lost me as customer since even their custom products are so out of tolerance. In a current build im on cam number 2 from them and even after catching them on first cam they still send me a cam that's not what I ordered. Closer than first cam but still off and not what I ordered. This is three cams within the last year. Three strikes you're out.

I'd love it if you'd give us a chance. We campro all of our cams upon the rough grinding and then again upon finish grinding. We don't mass produce them in a CNC. All of our cams are hand-custom ground. I can assure you our products will meet spec. If you PM me I'd be glad to send you a catalog that will have all of our profiles in that back of it. If you don't see one of our catalog grinds that meets your needs we can custom grind you a combination you like.
Thanks
Russ

I don't need anything for a Mopar now, but I wouldn't mind looking to see what you have in a 5.0 Ford hydraulic roller. Factory roller engine.

If you'll PM your mailing address, we'll be glad to send you a catalog. If you don't see a combination in the catalog you like, we'd be glad to custom grind you something.
Thanks
Russ

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXHmam5_HD8"]Erson Cams Custom Grinding a Small Block Chevy Roller Cam - YouTube[/ame]
Sorry this isn't of a Chrysler cam, but we wanted to let you all see some of the manufacturing process in a custom ground Erson cam. Hope you enjoy. All feedback will be appreciated. Hoping to have one of a Hemi cam shortly.
Thanks
Russ

-
Back