ESPO 6 leaf / 2" over

-

Saverio

Reaction score
When I was researching leaf springs I never saw any photos of 6 leaves that are 2" over stock.
So here is my 74 Scamp with them installed.
This is exactly the stance I wanted.

96F8284C-60C8-47A3-B5D3-916279123F3F_zpsn9lipyse.jpg

That's what I have on my Barracuda too. When I first installed them I thought they were too high but after a couple of weeks they settled down to an honest 2 inches and they are perfect for me.

Looks good Saverio! Grimreaper and Renegade: I would appreciate seeing pics of your Cudas if they are second generation. I am trying to decide on 0, 1+, or 2+ Espos.

Looks good! I have the same ones on my Barracuda.

That's what I have on my Barracuda too. When I first installed them I thought they were too high but after a couple of weeks they settled down to an honest 2 inches and they are perfect for me.

I'm curious, did you guys have to file out the holes on the front shackle bracket for the eye bolt? I dropped a lot of F-Bombs until I realized that I just needed to get enough material off to make the threads clear.

Very happy with ESPO all around. I wonder how their front end kits are compared to PST....

Looks good Saverio! Grimreaper and Renegade: I would appreciate seeing pics of your Cudas if they are second generation. I am trying to decide on 0, 1+, or 2+ Espos.

As everyone says, if you're getting the regular 5 leaf springs, go with 1" over what you actually want, because they will settle.

I went with 6 leaves and 2" over because I wanted the rear end in the air as long as possible! haha.

I went with the ESPO +1 6-leaf springs on mine. Wanted a slight rake, these have been on the car for a couple years and it still sits nice.

Attachments

• hdhdh.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 465
have +1" on jamies and i think its too high. i want to bring the entire car downto more a stock height..

DSC_0647.JPG

I went with the ESPO +1 6-leaf springs on mine. Wanted a slight rake, these have been on the car for a couple years and it still sits nice.

MileHighDart - That's a beauty of a car! Really, really nice. Wait a sec, that looks like the Sonic in Longmont... :glasses7:

have +1" on jamies and i think its too high. i want to bring the entire car downto more a stock height..

DSC_0647.JPG

I think it looks great the way it is! But....I'm not the one who has to look at it every day. :)

When I was researching leaf springs I never saw any photos of 6 leaves that are 2" over stock.

Looks good!

How is the ride feel with the six leaf springs vs. the five leaf?

I kinda wish I'd gone with the 5 leaf. I think the 6 leaf springs are a little stiff, but not too bad. Definitely feel like I should up the size on my torsion bars now to kind of even things out. Right now, the front is soft and the back is stiff. Probably not the best combo for handling.

96F8284C-60C8-47A3-B5D3-916279123F3F_zpsn9lipyse.jpg

Car looks good. I'm doing the same thing to my 68 Dart. Could you tell me what you went with for shocks? I'm wondering if the stock length shock will work. Also wondering you if you had to shim to get the correct pinion angle?

My 72 Dart came with the Rallye suspension option (odd for a four-door), and has stock six-leaf springs. They are quite firm, but the greatly improved handling is worth it.

Jeff in Baltimore

Boy howdy. This sure made my decision easier. The Swinger will be happy. Anybody need any 45 year old leaf springs for making knives? Don't laugh, an old friend of mine used leaf springs for his custom kitchen knives.

My 65 formula S came with 6 and I replaced with the same, 1 over. Some say it sits' to high, but the car is totally stripped down so there is no normal body weight on it

WP_20160526_13_29_23_Pro.jpg

My 65 formula S came with 6 and I replaced with the same, 1 over. Some say it sits' to high, but the car is totally stripped down so there is no normal body weight on it

View attachment 1715045538

I like a little rake, yours looks very good in my book. Do not think for a minute that the new welder in the photo went unnoticed either.:D

I like a little rake, yours looks very good in my book. Do not think for a minute that the new welder in the photo went unnoticed either.:D
Trying to learn, not as easy as u tube videos make it look. Goal was to finish the floor pans and sell the welder.

Trying to learn, not as easy as u tube videos make it look. Goal was to finish the floor pans and sell the welder.
This last week I learned that having the setting set right is at least 85% of what it takes to get a nice weld! Play with the amps and wire speed for the thickness of metal you're working with, once it's dialed in it's pretty easy

-
Back