et track times

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Im planning on installing a new indy 6.1 into my dart....... if you have took yours to the track weather its a indy or not just post up your 5.7,6.1s et times :D with the specs of car,rear,engine,ect

You can use an LX car as a guideline, and figure subtracting about .4-.7 from those. Figure a stock 06 300srt8 runs 13.2, an A-body should knock down at least a 12.6 IMO.

I know I know, problem is there isnt enough A bodies out there with Gen III's, most owners have so much money in them they dont track them. One thing for sure though is they should equal or better pretty much any BB combo out there with equal camshaft size.

I know I know, problem is there isnt enough A bodies out there with Gen III's, most owners have so much money in them they dont track them. One thing for sure though is they should equal or better pretty much any BB combo out there with equal camshaft size.

Ain't that the truth... I was planning on building mine into a drag car but am now changing over to a street machine. I will however make sure to get to the track when its ready.

There is a fellow on Moparts with a 70 Challenger and a typical stroked 6.1 that has been 9.90's. These little 9" deck engines make some serious steam.

This might give you something to aim for:

531972_541149699302969_1152960048_n.jpg

I'm building a track only A body Gen III. Just got the motor in, hopefully it will be track ready in a couple of months. I am aiming for a 10.0 1/4 mile car.
(1970 Duster body)

Mines not a purpose built track car...but weather permitting, I'm hitting the track next Sunday..basically a factory 6.1 - but carb inducted and running a baby cam..

Provided I get decent air and a clean run...I'll post my results in a little over a week.

If you believe the RW HP figures posted by some...and do the calculators....an A Body should run min mid12s with a factory 6.1

If you believe a 6.1 with a stick makes 450HP at the crank - that puts you in the high 11s...all day at 3500lbs.

Care to divulge any details?
1970 Duster body, 414 stroker (5.7 based), Pro Systems 1050 cfm Dominator carb on a Drag Pak intake, 727 torqueflite reverse pattern manual, 4.56 gears on a 8 3/4" Moser spool, Moser 35 spline axles. One reason for the GenIII based motor is to help keep weight down.

Stock 5.7, Megasquirt, MSD ignition, A833 non O/D, 8 3/4 w/3.55's, ~3400 pounds with driver (I think at the time) got me a best of 13.9x. I know it's got more in it, but I couldn't get a launch to save my life. Even had MT drag radials on it, but it kept blowing the tires off. Currently putting a T56 in it, so I might wander back out to the track when the season starts up again next year to give it another go. Trans shouldn't really make a difference, but it may shift a little nicer or be able to ride 3rd all the way to the line as opposed to shifting right before.

So far I've been 11.83 112.89 with a 5.7 out of a 05 300. Comp XFI273 cam and springs. XV Intake with 750 Holley, TTI Headers 727 3800 converter. 4.10 rear. 2107 DA. Through the exhaust with drag radials.
71 Demon

Those are really good numbers. Sounds like you got her working good.

AJ

mines going to have a 6.1 indy mod man intake and carbs straight from indy! They say that with having them porting the heads the engine gets up to around 450 500 hp.

its going in a 1968 dart with a 727 and a strange dana with unknown gears -likely 3.90 gears - fiberglass body parts-fenders/hood

70 duster-o6 stroked 5.7-3.91 rear-4speed-ran the best of 11.1 this summer-950 promax carb and 110 octane-steve

presently building a 6.1 for our 68 valiant with 6.4 apache heads,deciding on E85 or Methanol as we speak--Steve

5.7L hemi
Car: 1968 Plymouth Barracuda
Weight: 3750 lbs with driver. (To save the arguments I weigh in at a light 350lbs)
Gear ratio: 4.56
Tire diameter: 27"
RPM through trap: 7500
MPH through traps: 116.1
ET: 11.54 60' 1.66 I'm pretty sure there is more there!!
Tire Type: Hoosier Quick Times

Engine CID: 354 5.7L hemi (Stock displacement)
Head Type: 5.7L hemi
Valve size: 2.02 1.57
Head Work: CNC ported by M2 Farmingdale NJ
Cam Manufacturer: Comp cams
Cam specs at 50: .547lift 248 Intake .532 lift 254 Exhaust 107 LSA
Carb type and size: Edelbrock 500cfm X 2
PV Rating: Orange springs
Jet sizes: Not sure yet
Plug number and brand: NGK Iridium 2315
Intake Manifold Type: Edelbrock dual quad
Piston Make: Ross
Compression Ratio: 11.0-1

Trans type: 727
Trans Mods: Bolt in sprag, A&A valve body, Low first gear, Billet low reverse piston, 4.2 Lever, 5500 rpm governor Etc Etc...
Convertor type: 8" ATI
Convertor stall: 4500
Trans Brake: N/A

Drive shaft stock or aftermarket: Dennys aluminum

Initial timing: 15deg
Total timing: 22deg
Total advance at what RPM: 2800

Rear end type: 8 3/4

Well I ran a 108 mph with the carb so fat it actually nosed over at 5000 rpm in second gear.

Forgot my tuning kit so the day didn't last too long.:banghead:

Forget any ET....had pump shot and air door issues which Ive now got tuned out.

FWIW...the signal thru the Modman is weak at low RPM.....I could really use a four hole spacer but dont have the hood clearance.

Hope to be back at the track next week....expect to see 111 mph minimum...assuming I remember my jets and rods..... :burnout:

-
Back