ET Vs MPH

-
I decided not to go tonight, I think it's going to rain.
Also I just cleaned out the inbox, sorry about that.

20170609_202244.jpg

View attachment 1715055586

20170610_011148.jpg

Removed the spare tire.
Full tank of gss
22psi in the tires.(from 28psi)
Longer burnout, and riding it out of the water box.
Manually shifting the transmission.
That was good for a .8 sec improvement.
A lot of it was probably from just getting more practice, plus Norm was coaching me on the lights.
He was an awesome help!

Removed the spare tire.
Full tank of gss
22psi in the tires.(from 28psi)
Longer burnout, and riding it out of the water box.
Manually shifting the transmission.
That was good for a .8 sec improvement.
A lot of it was probably from just getting more practice, plus Norm was coaching me on the lights.
He was an awesome help!
If you were spinning, the full tank of gas gave you the weight in the rear you needed plus keeps fuel in the pickup when you accelerate.
If you can ever spring for drag radials and a good electric pump back by the gas tank I think you'll take another .3 or .4 off those times.
Also keep in mind that those times were during high heat and humidity. You'll post faster times late this fall.
A ratcheting style shifter and a shift light will make you more consistent.
listen to Norman, he knows his stuff!

looks like you got your mid 12! good job!
experiment with your launch rpm.
If i leave with the skinny peddle to the floor, it loses 60 foot time(slower)
If i stall to 2200 rpm and then wood it at the light, i get my best 60s (converter stall around 3200 esh)
start launching just off idle and go up 200 rpm until the 60 foot drops.(gets slower)

What happened to the MPH. Missing 5mph, were you off the throttle entering the beams?

What happened to the MPH. Missing 5mph, were you off the throttle entering the beams?
Missed the 2-3 shift light at 5800 rpm by 200rpm and bounced off the rev limiter.
Also managed to hit neutral on one run, so glad I had the limiter set at 6000.
Looking for a Quicksilver shifter I can afford.

Been launching by revving to 2000rpm and mash it as the 3rd yellow comes on, was trying to keep that consistent this trip and work on reaction times and shifting. The factory shifter is just too mushy.

In that run, most of it was reaction time, almost half a second. He was much faster and coming to get me, but got a late start and ran out of time, even though I screwed up. The mph difference should have only been 10. I should have run closer to 12.50@107mph.

Still my best, most fun run so far! :)

Last edited:
-
Back