Evaporating Fuel in Carter 4-Barrel Carb?

-
It has to be placed as close to the tank as possible and above it I believe. Electric pumps to best at pushing the fuel not pulling, so having it back there is better. Brand.. Not sure. :(

You're surely right. There's another thread in the forum around this topic.

Otherwise I just needed the pump to refill the float chambers to get the engine started faster. After that I would rather turn it off with a switch from the inside. It's tempting to mount a pump inside the engine bay...

It has to be placed as close to the tank as possible and above it I believe. Electric pumps to best at pushing the fuel not pulling, so having it back there is better. Brand.. Not sure. :(
Agreed, and a pump to do it can be gotten at most any parts place like autozone, Napa, wherever.
They run about 40 bucks for one that will work fine for this.
It's basically a Mr Gasket foreign car generic inline and can be hung with the hose because they are so small and light.
They come with a plastic mounting housing that I cut off if not using it.
These also have an anti backflow valve built into the hose barb on the end.

$_35.jpg

Agreed, and a pump to do it can be gotten at most any parts place like autozone, Napa, wherever.
They run about 40 bucks for one that will work fine for this.
It's basically a Mr Gasket foreign car generic inline and can be hung with the hose because they are so small and light.
They come with a plastic mounting housing that I cut off if not using it.
These also have an anti backflow valve built into the hose barb on the end.

View attachment 1714994674

You defiantly know when these cavitate too. It sounds like someone put an aluminum pot on your head and beat it with a wood spoon.

Also check the aluminum plugs, they leak with age especially if it was rebuilt. One more thing to look at.

I think they are called expansion plugs, I smear jb weld over them when I rebuild them.
EDE1405_3.jpg

You defiantly know when these cavitate too. It sounds like someone put an aluminum pot on your head and beat it with a wood spoon.

Actually they are quieter than most I have ever used, and especially if suspended only by the hose.
It's only for priming anyway, but I couldn't hear one of these running over my quiet 4 cyl Nissan engine in my truck.

-
Back