Ever been banned from a web forum?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah... Banned, Locked out, kicked to the curb, Shut down.......
I'm new to this site compared to most others here. I've been a member for a little while though. I peek in from time to time, seeing whats new. Pretty cool site, too. I'm fairly new to web forums, but not to Mopars. My first car was a 69 Dart 2 door with a 318. Over the years I have owned 54 cars, 33 have been Mopars, 25 were a bodies. Some were parts cars, some were bought to "restore" and sell. I love these cars, and websites are a great place to share information. Fathers have the opportunity to pass their experience and knowledge onto their children. The wife and I have no kids, so for me, these forums offer a way to feel as if my skills can be helpful to current and future Mopar enthusiasts.
I was curious about the members here and if you have ever been restricted access to a web forum. Some forums have clear rules that define the limits and the penalties for violation. Others are not so clear. I know that I'm not the only one here that frequents other sites on occasion. I'm also a member on dodgecharger.com, minicooperforums.com and until LAST week, Moparts.com. I used the Frankenduster name here and on Moparts because of a 74 Duster that I made a 71 340 clone out of. Last week I was banned for making a politically "themed" comment in a post. No politicians name was mentioned. The next morning without a PM or email, I was locked out. The mods over there often strike without warning and people get banned for 3 days, a week, sometimes two weeks. Nobody seems to know how long they will be off the grid since the mods rarely notify any offending member. Is it the same way here? I don't want to find out the hard way, but it seems that being so harsh to members is the equivilent to pissing in peoples faces. Its very disrespectful and ungrateful. Members are what makes these sites work. Who would log on to simply read the ads? Its the people that make this stuff interesting.
Has anyone here ever been banned for anything, deserved or not?

Look bud mofarts Never helped me at all .. As a matter of fact Im not even a member there nor will I be ..... Yes You can get banned from here .. For just one time thing ... But You really have to mess up lol Not all the mods here have there heads up there a$$ ... But you have to remember there the same as u and me ... They can get pissed .. Then poof your gone Bwhahahaha ....Nah Just relax keep ur nose clean and u will be ok ... I will tell u this ive had words with a mod .. I didnt get banned he let me say what i wanted .. and he said what he wanted .. Now its all good .. As long as u dont come in looking to make trouble . I think u will be just fine

Thanks Doc,
I have a good time on all the forums I visit. I'm always working on some project, so sharing experiences as well as learning new things is what I like about these places. I'd like to think that I have helped as many people as have helped me. Its a good feeling to know that your words made a project go easier.
Right now I have a 67 Dart GT beater. 360 mill, rebuilt 904, '66 Coronet axle with 4.10 SG. 73 A body V8 k member and 11" disc brakes. The car looks like a faded moonshine runner. Its not for sale.
Next up is the car that I call "Old Yeller". Ita a Ky3 74 Duster 360. This one is the first original 360 car I have owned and it has the cleanest, rust free body I have seen in 5 years. I have most of the parts for it. Hopefully I'll have it done and up for sale by the end of summer.
I have a 71 Duster that will be made into a 340 clone. I have a date coded 340 block, a 727 trans and most of the interior parts. Thats my 2013 project. THAT car may be my biggest payday to date. Who doesn't like 340 Dusters, even a clone?

I never thought of a mopar as a payday more like moeny pits lol .. Nice cars tho good luck with them bud! Well I think its time for me to hit the dusty trail . Good night see ya around !

Moparts clearly states in the rules no politics. Apparently you violated them and were banned. What's the problem? And why start a post here about it.

I was banned from moparts for about two years for voicing my honest opinion about moparts at englishtown. Big deal. Too much of the knowledge has been banned or has left that site for some reason or another. back on now probably because posting numbers were down and they need them up for sponsors.

A good way to get your topic removed or banned is by posting a phone number or a email address if you want to sell some thing in your add,unless you pay to have a gold member ship,then,once you start paying,you can do as you please,every other site I belong too,it,s not a problem.mrmopartech

A good way to get your topic removed or banned is by posting a phone number or a email address if you want to sell some thing in your add,unless you pay to have a gold member ship,then,once you start paying,you can do as you please,every other site I belong too,it,s not a problem.mrmopartech
Well I can see ya getting banned if You keep posting phone numbers after You was told . Btw It only takes one pm to give them a number or email .. Any other site i get spam from, here i dont .. So there doing some thing right ..... Do as u please ? I have to call bs on that haha I cant call u names .. Just cuz ur gold dont mean the rules dont go for us lol . But ya a few rules do like u said ..

you and anyone else is welcome here at forabodiesonly.com, there are people who have been banned (mostly spammers) even they get a goodbye note. there have been others that have harrassed others, used totally offensive language, posted inappropriate material,etc. when a moderator or administrator here is informed of this it starts with editing or deleation of their posts and most probably a warning either publicly in the thread where the offensive posting started or thru a pm (private message) sometimes this will remidie the situation and sometimes the op (offensive poster) will break into a childish banter blaming everyone, we do our best to look into situations and send pm's to all concerning the matter (allthough some recipients will not be aware everyone involved had gotten a similar message) this will usually resolve the situation, some get ten foot tall and bulletproof when behind the keyboard and lash out at the moderator and anyone not in agreement, usually another warning from the moderator will follow then it's time for them to hang out at mopart's or yellowbullitt etc. anywhere but here, being banned from here usually starts with a week vacation then two for second offence and then 30 day's at the moderators discretion, then in severe cases we have the permanent vacation. we don't like to use that option but it has happened. we do reserve the right to refuse service to anyone after there has been an issue. as a moderator you would not believe some of the nasty things an offensive poster will pummel a moderator with (anything from insults to ones wife,the site in general to insults to the other members) it can get upsetting at times but for the most part we like to try and resolve things before it gets to that point. hope this was informative and for the most part this site is meant to be for all including women and children so be respectful of others and keep in mind that others with diffrent opinions do exist. when posting pretend you mom is looking over your shoulder,if she cusses like a sailor she will be proud of you! others may be offended and you will get a pm from one of the moderators...

i have been booted from moparts on numerous occasions ...but sometimes it was a game to get booted because of something really stupid said by a mod and i jumped on the band wagon to harrass someone.

I have been here for awhile and i have had a few run ins with mods over here but it was usually a comment i made that someone took offensively... (usually general statement that someone gets their panties in a knot)

i grew up with www.moparnuts.com There is only one rule over there and its ... there are no rules

Frankenduster... I like the screen name, lol. On a couple of sites my Screen name is Frankendart, and I still use it as an email address, too. That's also what I call my 72 Swinger. lol

I've never been banned from a site, and I haven't frequented MoParts, but it seems there is a rather large contingent of Ex-MoPartees splattered across the 'net.

Glad you've found FABO. I think you're going to like it here. There's plenty of nice people, good info, and a healthy sense of humor. Admin and Mods are heavy handed when necessary, but always fair, but more importantly, they're part of the FABO community at large. Instead of sitting back playing police officer, they participate in the daily goings on here.

FABO is an excellent board. Welcome. - Frankie

Glad you're here Frankenduster, I don't know about any other sites, this is my home and I respect it. Waggin said it well. I would say think of the old Andy Griffith show, you know Mayberry, the citizens there used good manners and got along. Political comments have their place in the politics forum.

Long as you're not badmouthin just to seem tuff, your good. We're kinda fiesty, but were also adults (mostly),...and don't piss off Adam...LOL

Look bud mofarts Never helped me at all .. As a matter of fact Im not even a member there nor will I be ..... Yes You can get banned from here .. For just one time thing ... But You really have to mess up lol Not all the mods here have there heads up there a$$ ... But you have to remember there the same as u and me ... They can get pissed .. Then poof your gone Bwhahahaha ....Nah Just relax keep ur nose clean and u will be ok ... I will tell u this ive had words with a mod .. I didnt get banned he let me say what i wanted .. and he said what he wanted .. Now its all good .. As long as u dont come in looking to make trouble . I think u will be just fine

What do you mean, not all the mods have their heads up their a$$? Are you saying some do? Dont make Adam bring back the monkey.

its an evil monkey

Attachments

• fg.evil_.monkey.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 645
i am a member on a number of different sites including all the "for bodies only" sites and jeep forums, dodgechargercom, but this is where i do my reading and help out where i can. if im having car trouble or what-not that i cant figure out, i come here for help. of all the sites i frequent , FABO is second to none for answers and great advice and suggestions. i have made my share of comments and gotten warnings but i would go into withdrawls if i got banned from here LOL. i have met some great people and have had nothing but a 100% fantastic buying and selling experience here.

On the Political side of things here on FABO. We have a forum just for that very issue and we welcome anyone that signs up for it and has the gonads to hang in there. The water is warm and the sharks like it that way so feel free to jump in but remember, the sharks are viscious sometimes. Dont say i didn't tell ya. Most times when one slips up and posts something of the political nature where it dont belong a Mod will move it to a correct location whether it be the trash or the Political forum. Come on over and by the way. Welcome.
Small Block

If you get banned from here, without a doubt deserve it. I have seen some pretty rough language and name calling here by folks, and still not get banned. Thats the way it should be. Nobody gets along all the time and everybody should get to have their say, even if we're on different sides of the topic.

The mods here rule with respect and restraint. Only when someone really crosses the line do the threads get locked down, and only when the offender really crosses the line do they get banned. Like the cat who sent me a PM telling me to go F*** myself after calling him out on a trainwreck thread that he was cearly headed for the wall!!! Shame I never got to thank him for that PM!! Geof

We use infractions here, So many points gets you banned. No ones perfect, people slip. You get warned and or points, learn from your mistakes and move on.

I was banned from Moparts for 2 days because I rated all the threads on the general board 5 stars.

If you get banned from here, without a doubt deserve it. I have seen some pretty rough language and name calling here by folks, and still not get banned. Thats the way it should be. Nobody gets along all the time and everybody should get to have their say, even if we're on different sides of the topic.

The mods here rule with respect and restraint. Only when someone really crosses the line do the threads get locked down, and only when the offender really crosses the line do they get banned. Like the cat who sent me a PM telling me to go F*** myself after calling him out on a trainwreck thread that he was cearly headed for the wall!!! Shame I never got to thank him for that PM!! Geof

Agreed,...It would be a boring world if we all thought the same...

I was banned from Moparts for 2 days because I rated all the threads on the general board 5 stars.

now thats a great reason to get banned, how petty , and i dont mean richard....:protest:

NO MORE POSTS FOR YOU !!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back