Ever caught one of the monsters?

-
View attachment 1715741186

I heard my dogs raising hell back in the woods behind the house, went to investigate and there He was, to scared to move.
I put the dogs in the house and went back, he was gone, he finally showed up across from the house and just sat there, a couple of cans of Vienna's and some water got Him to the gate and finally inside the fence.
Had to live with the lure in his mouth last night, slept well and seemed comfortable, 0830 this morning got to the vet, they had to sedate him to get the hook out and gave Him a distemper shot and worm meds.
Vet said He's about 3 months old, no chip, pretty healthy. Anyone want to submit a name for Him? right now it's Baxter, GF's idea.
I ain't no chick magnet, but I sure can attract some dogs ( two and four legged!) this will be my 5 rescue and every one has been a jackpot.
No but my brother in law hooked me in the eyebrow once. I had to go to emergency to get it out. I tried to cut it off and pull it out but no dice.

Great looking little fella there. Seeing as that looks like some sort of bass lure and he was not to smart to play with it. I submit "Basshole".

Jack
Ixnay on that name, GF say's she already has one "Basshole" here and don't need another !

Seems that they find you, not the other way around. What a good looking pup!
Second this!
Had a Mom cat approach me while I was changing oil on our Durango. Dragging her right front paw, leg broken. Long story, wife, daughter, vet, $$, cat and her two boys been with us 6 years now.

A few years ago My cat was playing with my steelhead rod & got hooked in the paw..it was around 2 am when I heard banging. Then I noticed blood on the carpet & my rod on the floor, he was hiding behind my backpack, anyways he hooked himself good. Luckily I was prepared in my pack with wire cutters & cut the hook in half, pulled it out put some Neosporin in his ouwie & went back to bed.

View attachment 1715741186

I heard my dogs raising hell back in the woods behind the house, went to investigate and there He was, to scared to move.
I put the dogs in the house and went back, he was gone, he finally showed up across from the house and just sat there, a couple of cans of Vienna's and some water got Him to the gate and finally inside the fence.
Had to live with the lure in his mouth last night, slept well and seemed comfortable, 0830 this morning got to the vet, they had to sedate him to get the hook out and gave Him a distemper shot and worm meds.
Vet said He's about 3 months old, no chip, pretty healthy. Anyone want to submit a name for Him? right now it's Baxter, GF's idea.
I ain't no chick magnet, but I sure can attract some dogs ( two and four legged!) this will be my 5 rescue and every one has been a jackpot.
Better than a porcupine

But Wait!!! there's more to the story, last Friday when I found him i couldn't catch or entice him so i could get him inside the fence, I called animal control to see if they could help catch him.
They came out but we couldn't find him, then he pops up across the street, so she baits a trap and rides around looking for him, but he doesn't show up or take the bait, she returns and loads the trap back up and say she'll be back Monday( they don't work weekends).
Later that evening i finally got him inside and he spent the weekend here, today, Monday she shows up and ask about the puppy, about that time he walks out where she can see him. She's delighted we caught him, and ask's what we are going to do and if we want to give him up for adoption, she say's pups like him are very desirable and easy to rehome, and he would have a good home with kids and such. we gave him up and they drove away, talk about quiet, it was deafening even the four other pups were quiet. oh well, maybe he'll have a better life
So I guess it was good and we helped him and took him in, he brought us a lot of joy, kinda like old folks around kids, and we felt like we did the right thing for Baxter.
NOPE!!!! two hours later I'm banging on the door out at animal control, tell them the story and want to pick him up and take him home, uh sorry to late, he's being neutered and given Parvo and rabies shots. BUT THE FEE IS 100 BUCKS AND YOU CAN PICK HIM UP WEDNSDAY !! Hallelujah, guess i'll spend Tuesday night in the parking lot :)

Last edited:
He's BACK!!!! Went a got Him 2 days later, sure livens up the place, He and the female pit can't play enough :)
upload_2021-6-3_20-11-59.png
upload_2021-6-3_20-12-24.png

Animal Control (The Pound) won't adopt out any dog, male or female, without being "fixed". But for a hundred bucks He is up on all shots, wormed, deflead (sic), HE'S HOME :)

They gave the lure back to me in a little baggy, gonna do something with it, any ideas, keychain?

They gave the lure back to me in a little baggy, gonna do something with it, any ideas, keychain?
Put it in that clear epoxy (?) stuff and put it on his collar. Everyone who sees it will ask why he's wearing it.

Last edited:
Skeered i might catch another pup, got 5 now, 4 are rescues and another rescue coming Monday. I now have about 2.5 million bucks in chain link, place looks like a federal pen. :)

Very cool of you to rescue them. I hate animal abusers with a passion. Children, women and then animals in my order of not abusing things.

Do any one of them, or all of them and you deserve the death penalty. I’m kinda harsh like that.

Very cool of you to rescue them. I hate animal abusers with a passion. Children, women and then animals in my order of not abusing things.

Do any one of them, or all of them and you deserve the death penalty. I’m kinda harsh like that.

Thanks for the kind words, to many unloved animals in this world, don't like zoo's, circuses, or captivity of any kind when it comes to animals. Murder's, rapist's, etc should just be composted asap.

-
Back