Ever collide with a deer?

-
had a friend of mine hit one on a motorcycle somewhere in iowa he said he was doing 60 plus when the deer jumped from the ditch line a hit him directly and knocked him off his bike, he said he was banged up a little but felt ok . so being on vacation at the time he picked up the bike which slid down the highway with no mechanical damage and drove it 3 hrs back to the hotel ate dinner and drank some beers went to bed woke up next morning couldn't move he had broken his neck. i saw him with a halo on screwed to his head when i asked him what the hell happened to you?
Should have bought a lottery ticket that day

My brother hit one on a motorcycle. He didn't walk away. Woke up in the hospital with no spleen and back injuries. He made a full recovery, but was screwed up for a while.

Last edited:
I hit a deer with my '69 340 Dart out on a county road. I got out to look and suddenly realized that it was in the same spot that I was in a rollover accident in a '67 Camaro (I wasn't driving).... Then I thought about when that happened and how two of my buddies were killed in another accident the same night we rolled the Camaro. One year before ... to the date.

It bothered me for a long time. I made a point of not going anywhere near that spot in following years.

of the 16 I hit, not one was standing still. even had one jump crossed and over my hood.

Packed up and ready to go hit another tomorrow ! Then an 8 day hunt in 2 weeks
EBE80981-DE50-46D4-B536-8F7E5E9FD507.jpeg

I hit one at 70 plus in a Trans Am when I was younger. It hit so hard it shorted the headlights, knocked the caps off the battery, then got stuck under the rear tire causing me to fishtail and spin out 150 feet later.
I also hit one in a Shelby Charger doing 55, folded the hood higher than the windshield. I watched the deer fly over my sunroof.

My son hit a doe and a fawn. The cop let him take them and they landed up in the freezer.
Man my brother in law (he is a cop) was telling me the other night that him and a coworker reported to a deer accident a couple nights ago the deer was doa so they cut out the back straps and took them back to the station and cooked them up for lunch! Haha he said they got in trouble the next day with the game warden apparently your not supposed to do that in va! Haha

Man my brother in law (he is a cop) was telling me the other night that him and a coworker reported to a deer accident a couple nights ago the deer was doa so they cut out the back straps and took them back to the station and cooked them up for lunch! Haha he said they got in trouble the next day with the game warden apparently your not supposed to do that in va! Haha

My Dad was a prison guard and hit a deer on his dresser bike on prison property.
He said he and the deer were both laying there in the road and the kitchen crew came out and grabbed the deer and left him laying there for the ambulance.
I told him it could have gone worse.:D

We have deer AND these.
Try hitting one of those.

Untitled.jpg

My Dad was a prison guard and hit a deer on his dresser bike on prison property.
He said he and the deer were both laying there in the road and the kitchen crew came out and grabbed the deer and left him laying there for the ambulance.

We have deer AND these.

View attachment 1715399290
Those things are massive!! I have seen some crazy photos from moose car accidents! Iv always wanted to go to Maine and see moose. It's so nuts that moose are so large and strong and can be aggressive that a little scary lol

We have deer AND these.

In case you don't know; this is a living dinosaur.
Before the flood he was a unicorn.
During that mighty storm,Lightning struck his horn and split it up the middle. This made him very grouchy. Well that and the fact that his friggen balls are so heavy, and have a tendency to slap around back there. He tries to move slowly to prevent bruising, but in rutting season, it's game-on; black-balls not withstanding.
His Mrs seems to fine with the new look, and likes him just the way he is.

Last edited:
1st day with my 74 Dart drove it to work to show it off that night a dear comes out I locked it up dead stop deer ran into the finder

We have deer AND these.

That might likely to hit you !

I was driving my Scion XD home last night after visiting brother in hospital. I watched the pickup in front of me hit a deer running across the road. I lost sight of it until it fell out of the sky directly in front of my LF wheel. Ran it over. No body damage to car but ripped off the plastic fender liner and clips.
I hit two on different motorcycles years ago. Hit one in the fall that made it between me and the handlebars. Bruised up pretty badly. ON THE VERY NEXT RIDE in the spring I'm just cruising along and a doe comes out of the woods, turns and runs alongside me, and just gives me a friendly tap before running off. After that I had trouble enjoying riding and cut the miles way back.

3 dear and 1 Turkey, all in company cars fortunately! Not my dime.

We have deer AND these.

-
Back