"EVERY A body has this problem"

-
Granted, my quarter was off when I did mine, but it could be done with quarter on. I backed my repair with a 4sq electrical cover plate w/a knockout. Can't recall if it was 1/2 or 3/4 K-O. If the striker hole is 7/8", that equals 1/2" knockout, 1 1/8 = 3/4.

I've had my '69 since '80 and both were repaired at some point before I owned it.
.......Sagging door hinges is the main culprit to striker failure......
Probably some body twist to go along with it.

Mine needs this repair only on the drivers side. Door was sagging when I bought the car so I'm guessing that was the cause

This is the fix I was left with when I purchased my Dart. Not worried to much about it really. That guy on *ast & *oud said he will drop by and give me a price on a full restore on the door jam. LOL..............

IMG_3136.JPG

This is the fix I was left with when I purchased my Dart. Not worried to much about it really. That guy on *ast & *oud said he will drop by and give me a price on a full restore on the door jam. LOL..............

View attachment 1715078971

Mine looks identical to that, but painted. lol. I also have to lift up on the door to get it to open some what smooth. I have a new set of hinges and will be fixing this with the supplied part.

On mine it has been cut out and a new section welded in. It had some kind of fiberglass/bondo on it when I stripped the body down for paint. I figured it was the time to fix it right.

-
Back