Exhaust and driveshaft loop problem

-

72Dmn

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a 72 Demon with a fresh 383 and 727 application. I bought Schumacher headers and a TTI x-pipe set up. The problem is, I can't get the driveshaft loop on with the x-pipe. Should I have used an h-pipe instead. Or do you you recommend a different Dshaft loop. I have the standard orange flat iron loop that mounts to the tranny brace. I forgot the name of it. Any ideas out there?
Tony

I just bought the generic one $25. I modified it to fit and it fits up real nice in the trans tunnel. By the way I have it in a 72 Duster with 383 auto and schumacher headers and 2.5 exh with h pipe. I'm not a big fan of the one you bought. Looks too goofy. But that's just my opinion.

don

Hey Don Thanks for your response, Yeah, it does look goofy but.... I guess I'll have to modify it too. By the way, do you have a sway bar in front ....and if so, does it help with the big swingin front end? I have one in the back but haven't installed the front yet. That 383and727 combo is pretty heavy out there.

dsc00326.jpg

To keep the cost down ,modify the loop to fit the car with the exhaust on,or use some of the parts and make a different mounting bracket,mrmopartech

No I don't have a sway bar front or back. But I have reduced front weight by:lift off glass hood,removed hood hinges,battery in trunk,alum intake,alum master cylinder,lightweight starter,alum water pump and housing,headers, lightweight wheels and no front sway bar. My car probably has the weight distribution of a stock 340 duster, if not better. Actually having a sway bar on the back and not up front is definitely not the way to go. I'd at least disconnect the rear one until you put one in the front.

don

Thanks again all,
Dusterdon, today I put on the front sway bar. Since I'm not running on the track, I didn't feel the need to go totally light up front. It's an all steel body, no glass, and all I've really done to lighten it up is move the battery out back and take out the heater core,etc. It drives marginally better with both sway bars in place. I didn't get it into the corners too hard but like I said, marginal. I might just take it back out.
Thanks for the advice.

dsc00325.jpg

Thanks oldvart,
Yeah it moves pretty good and a fun project also. It was my grandfathers car from day one that my dad and I rescued. One too many times in the ditch for the old man...if you know what I mean.
Great site here for the new guys.
Regards

72Dmn. do you have /6 torsion bars? this will cause the car to wallow in the corners. I used the big lock torsion bars in mine, was worth 2 sway bars! I think it could of hurt quater slightly, but made a nicer streater overall.
Good luck.

Hey Keith Mopar,
No, I did use the big block torsion bars. I just put on the sway bars a couple of days ago and haven't really had a chance to play with it yet. I just need to tweek a bit more. There is a tremendous amount of weight I could reduce from the engine itself, just don't have the bucks to do it now.
Thanks for the input!

-
Back