Exhaust help

-

MoparMark91

Reaction score
Hey guys so I am running my 71 dart swinger small block 727 tranny. I have Doug's long tube headers and want to run 2 1/2 exhaust. Well I encountered the cross member problem with the exhaust hitting it. So i tried doing this myself . Go easy on me guys and as for my welding it's been a bit . Does anyone make the piece that connects to the headers that go to the mufflers like almost the same as what I made? I wanted to try doing this myself but after I tacked these pieces together I found that the exhaust is really low clearance wise. Anyone got pictures of how low there's is sitting and also how they did they're exhaust coming off the headers? Also I plan on dumping at rear axles

IMG_20200529_190452.jpg

3 1/2 exhaust I basicolly did the same thing with two summit 3 1/2 turndowns

View attachment 1715537818
To be honest i found your picture when i started and wanted to replicate the best i can but i still am having trouble. My welds arent the best but i figure this is the first time im doing this and i do find it a little difficult. Noone makes a piece like this i believe and the only other route i have thought of is make multiple pie cuts. Also how low does your pipes hang? i want best possible clearance but seems like they still hang a little low. any tips or advice?

Just a thought - I've seen the H pipe crossover with a V shape so that it clears the driveshaft, but allows the rest of the pipes to tuck up closer to the floorpan...

Here is a video at the track with the exhaust on. You can see id does not hang at all and they are 3 1/2 pipes 2 1/2 tail pipes keep the popo happy on the street.

DSCN1663.jpg

Steve 055.JPG

Steve 060.JPG

Steve 061.JPG

-
Back