Exhaust Manifolds

-
I think you missed his point, of Cash talks, Bullshit Walks.
You see car, make offer, show up buy car with cash.
Not send cash. Golly, Gee, Wiz.

Dude, you act like you’re the only one with things going on in life. FYI, you’re not. But Christ you have a lot of excuses.:rolleyes:
I don't know what you consider excuses, but myself I'm not going to travel in snowing conditions and cold *** weather just to check out a car. The wife getting sick, my family is far more important than some car. Traveling distance, I did increase the distance that I'll go to check out a car. And before someone comes up with the stupid idea of putting down a deposit that's one thing I won't do unless it's a classic car dealer, I've heard way to many horror stories about deposits not being refunded even though the car wasn't what the seller said that it was. I learned the hard way that pictures along with people can lie. We drove over 3 hours to look at a truck that was supposed to be in great shape and it was a pos. I'm going to get me a car here eventually

Dan, I am trying to help you here. What is setting these guys off is You are a browser-window shopper. Not a buyer. But are pretending to be a buyer.

Dan, I am trying to help you here. What is setting these guys off is You are a browser-window shopper. Not a buyer. But are pretending to be a buyer.
Thanks for trying to help me. I don't mean to sound like a window shopper and I do know that I've been to picky in the past and I'm working on not doing that. I hate to admit it but being to concerned about ac cost me a sweet '72 swinger, the car said that the car didn't have ac and by the time I found out that it was only missing the under hood components it was gone. The price was $12,900

Thanks for trying to help me. I don't mean to sound like a window shopper and I do know that I've been to picky in the past and I'm working on not doing that. I hate to admit it but being to concerned about ac cost me a sweet '72 swinger, the car said that the car didn't have ac and by the time I found out that it was only missing the under hood components it was gone. The price was $12,900
You would be money ahead to buy a car without A/C and install aftermarket than it would to try and restore an old broken down open system.

Not an a body but I'm adding "factory" ac to my 85 d150. I bought what I could from a guy on CL about 150 miles away that bought a truck just for its cab to transplant onto another and sold what parts he had left. .
I then went to one of "HemiSS Dart's" (member here) swap meets, and got another pile of D150 ac remnants, got a new compressor from eBay, along with hoses, then I bought heater box rebuild gaskets from DMT, all I'm lacking is a condenser and maybe a little bit of wiring for under the dash.
I discovered some bodywork on my cab that I want to take care of while I have the heater plenum out of the way.... Seems the cowl had a water leak, not that the rock hard factory body putty in the gaps that crumbled and fell out when I touched it had anything to do with that ....

Not an a body but I'm adding "factory" ac to my 85 d150. I bought what I could from a guy on CL about 150 miles away that bought a truck just for its cab to transplant onto another and sold what parts he had left. .
I then went to one of "HemiSS Dart's" (member here) swap meets, and got another pile of D150 ac remnants, got a new compressor from eBay, along with hoses, then I bought heater box rebuild gaskets from DMT, all I'm lacking is a condenser and maybe a little bit of wiring for under the dash.
I discovered some bodywork on my cab that I want to take care of while I have the heater plenum out of the way.... Seems the cowl had a water leak, not that the rock hard factory body putty in the gaps that crumbled and fell out when I touched it had anything to do with that ....
Was you able to get the crank pulley for it, as it's the hardest part to find and it's not cheap either.

Was you able to get the crank pulley for it, as it's the hardest part to find and it's not cheap either.
not really, it's entirely dependent on the year/motor/set up of the car & motor.

the most of the 70+ stuff is around but depending on the particulars you may need to hunt and peck for some bits. the 73+ stuff is easy to source

If it's gonna be stock and you're ok with leaving 20-40 ft lbs in the table, pretty much everywhere across the power range, then any old stock manifolds will do. Yeah the 340 mans probably make a bit more than the others.

The cheap hedman headers are total garbage. The cheap summit branded headers are actually pretty nice with thick 3/8 flanges. Get those.

Don't waste time with any kind of shorty headers they are barely better than manifolds.

Headers help regardless of displacement.
I just bought some do you have any tips on install. Thanks for any thoughts. 71dart

-
Back