Exterior house color suggestions

-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
ISew17c8oo49sz.jpg

Secondary mother's house.

Currently for sale, but exterior paint is terrible, so I am going to pressure wash and paint.

Small house. What color would be best to brighten curb appeal?

I would think white would be the easiest and the best from a selling standpoint as it's a neutral color. The limbs on that tree if trimmed up higher would certainly help the curb appeal, more of the house would be visible.

By the way is it a Dodge or a Plymouth?

Plum Crazy or Panther Pink! You said you wanted to brighten it.
Just kidding. House paint color is always a touchy area. Maybe you could take a look around the neighborhood and see something you like.
As 'badsport' said, raising the skirt on that tree will certainly help. You can always keep the white, use a contrasting trim color, and add some interesting trim features like maybe shutters on the windows. A big help would be some inexpensive landscaping (flowers and bushes) to add some color and curb appeal.
Wow, now I feel like I've been watching to much HGTV!

A very light gray with white trim is also a good color for selling a house. Trim the trees, get rid of the swans/birds, put the trash can around back or at least the side, and add some planters with brightly colored flowers.

Since you're painting it anyhow, I would lose the white.....kinda boring.

I spent a couple of minutes on the Sherwin Williams site. Kinda cool to mess with :glasses8:

Attachments

• House Paint.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 63
I'm intrigued LOL

Attachments

• exterior paint.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 57
The best way to get ideas is to walk around the neighborhood and take pictures of the houses that look good to you. Choose a color that doesn't clash with your neighbors. Earth tones in light shades are best, with contrasting trim, and paint the railing in front the same color as the trim. Keep the garage door and it's trim the same color as the house; you don't need to draw attention to the garage. Paint the front door a complementary color. Don't be in a rush to decide; once you narrow it down, try out your choices on small sections on the side of the house and look at them over a period of several days. It's not that hard and the right paint will make all the difference.

Other good things to do...replace the lights at the front door, and the mailbox. Edge the driveway.

-
Back