F#%k Me!

-
I'm talking about the small blocks only and the 360 wasn't available with a 4 barrel until 1974. The 273 was done in like 1967, so actually mopar only had one performance engine from 1968 - 1973 and that was the 340. I think that if the 318 had been offered with a 4 barrel in the dart and duster that mopar would have been better off

Uhhh, pretty sure you could get a 360 4V in 1971.

Saw a 'nice' 56 Chevy the other day. I guarantee 80% of the moldings were China repops. They were not that shiny when they were new! It had the wide 18"s and 30 series tires on it, not my cup of tea. And to top it off: "Tri-Five Guys" in the back window. Only time I ever see or hear that is in marketing catalogs.... full of Chinese Chevy part repops. To each his own.

I'll just leave it rest, but no matter what, mopar should've offered a better line up of engines to choose from, 3 V8's and only one being a performance engine. Again I'm talking about the 1970 - 1974 A bodies only.

Ford made all those versions and it was a PITA. What did they gain. If you wanted a 4V you bought a 340 or a 360. The 318 was NEVER seen by Chrysler as a performance engine. So the cheap screws bought the /6 cars, the regular folk got the 318 and the people that wanted performance bought the 340 and the 360. Why the hell would you want a 318 4V when you could get the 340 or 360? That makes no sense. That’s like asking for 2 X 4’s on a /6. It just doesn’t make sense.

Ford made all those versions and it was a PITA. What did they gain. If you wanted a 4V you bought a 340 or a 360. The 318 was NEVER seen by Chrysler as a performance engine. So the cheap screws bought the /6 cars, the regular folk got the 318 and the people that wanted performance bought the 340 and the 360. Why the hell would you want a 318 4V when you could get the 340 or 360? That makes no sense. That’s like asking for 2 X 4’s on a /6. It just doesn’t make sense.
....and yet, if you want to.....
SLANT 6 2 X 4.jpg

No kidding. I posted that because Steve Welder was alluding that his interior parts from Legendary were American made. It’s not.
He's always alluding to stuff that ain't true. It's ok, I still like him though. lol

....and yet, if you want to.....
View attachment 1715967810
If ANY of that Aussie Speed **** would have fit in my car I would have it. I tried 2 of their intakes, Hooker slant six headers, the Dura headers and None Of It Fits!!! If you have power brakes or power steering. I really wanted to keep my car Numbers Matching, but with AC and **** none of the Aussie stuff works. I bought it all and had to send it all back. Really nice guy, but still charged me a pretty big restocking fee.

Yeah, I shoulda got my book out and looked it up. I was guessing. Funny they put the 4V out the same year they killed the 340 dontcha think?
Yeah it is funny, dumb too. Kinda like the 230 casting 400 block as the least impressive big block produced but the strongest. Mopar should remake that block.
F the rb block

I was at Legendary the week before last. They had a sign in front of the the manufacturing building saying help wanted sewing machine operators and something else.

If ANY of that Aussie Speed **** would have fit in my car I would have it. I tried 2 of their intakes, Hooker slant six headers, the Dura headers and None Of It Fits!!! If you have power brakes or power steering. I really wanted to keep my car Numbers Matching, but with AC and **** none of the Aussie stuff works. I bought it all and had to send it all back. Really nice guy, but still charged me a pretty big restocking fee.
Man that sucks.

No kidding. I posted that because Steve Welder was alluding that his interior parts from Legendary were American made. It’s not.
and Charlie Chan forged that crank you're using in the back of a bamboo barn.

Man that sucks.
Dude, I probably look like one of those guys throwing money at my car. I had my car sitting at a shop for 4 months because they couldn’t tell me they didn’t know how to work on Mopars. And I did try all the Aussie stuff. I wish it would have worked. Now I’m gonna be runnin a Stroker. Damn you Aussiespeed!!!

-
Back