F M L...... but wouldn't have it any other way☝️

-

67a273post

Reaction score
So we're building a 67 post dart for my son , he's been workin hard on it. driving it on an abandoned air strip 1/4 mile track we have set up some, service road 1/8 mile runs etc. 273 4 barrel auto. we've amassed quite a parts pile and done a lot so far . Here's we're FML comes in , Sunday he spots a 76 rv 400 motor complete w low miles .yesterday we work out a deal make a plan, we're on longisland guys in Connecticut. today's Tuesday after school scoop him up jump on ferry, shoot over sound . We hop on i95 it's 22 miles to guys shop w motor . Dam truck has fuel issue get stuck, swap out fuel filters make it 5 more miles stuck on I 95. pull carb edelbrock top off clean out rust best we can -collapsed filter rusted tank lol 77 f250... make it half mile .... kaput... guy we're buyin motor from scoops us up drops us at a hotel ... forgot My liscense can't get hotel room , it's in cab of truck guys drives me back get I'd get room . call tow truck to tow to his shop .... extra 100 for room 125 for tow missing days work tomorrow 200 sons missing school , need cab to get to his shop in am try n clean carb out to get it to run .. strap the motor in my truck n try n make it 22 miles back to ferry to make it back on Long Island .. to be honest being broke down n all w my son who by the way just keeps sayin ~ roadkill to me and is having a blast and getting a free day off from school in am lol , and a low deck to use in his car while the 512 comes together Is well turning out to be a blast !!!! WOULDNT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY LUV THIS KID ... just thought I'd share the adventure

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

Wow, what an adventure! Yea, it sucks financially what it cost you and what you sacrificed. But, damn!! A lifetime memory with your boy! That’s priceless. Those opportunities don’t come often. You’re a good man, Post!

From a dad with a 30 and 28 year old.

Sounds like a fun trip, LOL. What is with the manifolds on that engine, are they marine? Looks like a marine intake the way the carb flange is tilted.

Sounds like a fun trip, LOL. What is with the manifolds on that engine, are they marine? Looks like a marine intake the way the carb flange is tilted.
Wow, what an adventure! Yea, it sucks financially what it cost you and what you sacrificed. But, damn!! A lifetime memory with your boy! That’s priceless. Those opportunities don’t come often. You’re a good man, Post!

From a dad with a 30 and 28 year old.
Lmao yea it's double the 400$ price of the engine but on out way to Carslile this year we'll be laughing about it for sure !

Us supposedly an rv 23,000 mile 76 were loading the motor into the truck now once I get back home I'm gona look up the numbers see what it's all about but got it for 400$

So we're building a 67 post dart for my son , he's been workin hard on it. driving it on an abandoned air strip 1/4 mile track we have set up some, service road 1/8 mile runs etc. 273 4 barrel auto. we've amassed quite a parts pile and done a lot so far . Here's we're FML comes in , Sunday he spots a 76 rv 400 motor complete w low miles .yesterday we work out a deal make a plan, we're on longisland guys in Connecticut. today's Tuesday after school scoop him up jump on ferry, shoot over sound . We hop on i95 it's 22 miles to guys shop w motor . Dam truck has fuel issue get stuck, swap out fuel filters make it 5 more miles stuck on I 95. pull carb edelbrock top off clean out rust best we can -collapsed filter rusted tank lol 77 f250... make it half mile .... kaput... guy we're buyin motor from scoops us up drops us at a hotel ... forgot My liscense can't get hotel room , it's in cab of truck guys drives me back get I'd get room . call tow truck to tow to his shop .... extra 100 for room 125 for tow missing days work tomorrow 200 sons missing school , need cab to get to his shop in am try n clean carb out to get it to run .. strap the motor in my truck n try n make it 22 miles back to ferry to make it back on Long Island .. to be honest being broke down n all w my son who by the way just keeps sayin ~ roadkill to me and is having a blast and getting a free day off from school in am lol , and a low deck to use in his car while the 512 comes together Is well turning out to be a blast !!!! WOULDNT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY LUV THIS KID ... just thought I'd share the adventure

View attachment 1715295563

View attachment 1715295564

Awesome memories for the both of you!

:thumbsup:

It's in the truck , cleaned out the edelbrock and now .... can we make it 22miles down I 95 to the ferry to get back to home turf ....TO BE CONTINUED

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

They say that when things go wrong, and you make the best of them, those are the time's you'll never forget and the bonding is priceless. Great quote from Malcolm X - There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, heartbreak, every loss contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance next time.

They say that when things go wrong, and you make the best of them, those are the time's you'll never forget and the bonding is priceless. Great quote from Malcolm X - There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, heartbreak, every loss contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance next time.

Soo true

Lots of good lessons there. Good work with the kid, and keep it up. Some of my best stories are overcoming issues with friends (my family hated my car deal).

Lots of good lessons there. Good work with the kid, and keep it up. Some of my best stories are overcoming issues with friends (my family hated my car deal).
Well we made it home no problems ... he got to take the edelbrock apart clean n blow it out swapped new filters in. turned out to be a gd time , the gentleman I bought the 400 from and also owned the shop. he wound up pickin us up n took us to a hotel, arranged the tow to his shop n let me fix it there. Great guy , my son n I will pay it foward on day ...

I have had soooooo many of these “Road Kill” adventures it’s crazy! These are the best times. And doing this with your son?!?!

Freakin Pricless!!!!

Remember you can always call me up in a pinch. You know I’m just down the road. Tell your son I’m dust pumping the air on this adventure. Keep documenting and next time, remember the camcorder! You might as well have a “Road Kill Jr.” thing going on.

I’m tellin you guys, your in the road to hero status with this story.

I have had soooooo many of these “Road Kill” adventures it’s crazy! These are the best times. And doing this with your son?!?!

Freakin Pricless!!!!

Remember you can always call me up in a pinch. You know I’m just down the road. Tell your son I’m dust pumping the air on this adventure. Keep documenting and next time, remember the camcorder! You might as well have a “Road Kill Jr.” thing going on.

I’m tellin you guys, your in the road to hero status with this story.

Lmao thanks rob we really had a blast him n I went thru carb together he's really getting it . He's dying to drop that motor in .....

Intake and exhaust manifolds won't be used with that engine camshaft either or the powersteering or the water pump .... the kids on it he's looking for used fenderwell headers now . He's got an electric water pump haven't decided on cam as of yet

-
Back