F&R shock recommendations

-

gold68dart

Reaction score
Did a search and couldn't find the same (or nearly the same) combo as mine. I'm need some suggestions on front and rear shocks for my 68 dart. Will be a 95% street car. Has 416 stroker, 4 spd, torsion bars off a 340 cuda and SS leaf springs in the rear. Anyone have this similar setup or can offer a good suggestion? Thanks!

KYB, Edelbrock are inexpensive and will work for you. If you want something adjustable but pricey check out the QA1.

The Edelbrocks are being DIScontinued! Pisser, huh?
I run KYBs on the Charger. Some of the respected chassis and suspension guys say that they are junk and that Bilstiens are the way to go, but until I can find $400 in an old pair of pants, I'll continue to ride with what I have.
The KYBs are supposed to be too stiff for decent handling. That may be true, since my car sometimes skips over bumps instead of soaking them up.
Greg

KYB's......Best bang for the buck.
Monroes also make a decent shock, and are priced well.

I had kyb's in a g-body daytona and they were way too stiff for ride or handling. It was as described the car bounced off of things instead of soaking up the bumps.

I have a 73 duster and I just pulled out all 4 KYB shocks and put in a set of Monroe-matics...............they stayed in 1 day. The car floated like a 72 cadillac. Put the KYBs back in a returned the monroes

After 10 years of living with KYB's, swapped to Bilsteins. This was on the front only.

Worth every penny.

Now I just need another $200 for the rears...

-
Back