FABO Advice!

-

64dart170

Reaction score
If we want to try to attract and retain members we really only need to do 1 thing, do it well, and remind ourselves to do it every time we post, ask yourself before you hit the submit button,
Is what I'm getting ready to post going to;
  • have a chance of causing a misunderstanding?
  • meant to piss someone off?
  • meant to show everyone how great YOU are and how much YOU know?
  • show everyone how much better YOUR car is?
  • show everyone how much better YOUR garage is?
  • jump in someones crap just because they deserve it, and YOUR the guy to give it to them?
  • cause conflict or hardship on another member?
  • belittle another member just to prove how great YOU are?
Just stop and be concious of what your writing and how it's going to be interprited.

If your looking to piss off, stir the crap pot, or anything else that is negetive and wrong to say to someone,
THEN JUST DON'T DO IT HERE IN PUBLIC FORUM!
JUST PM!!!!!

FABO is really taking a bad turn of late.
Let's try to notch it back a bit on the ill feelings and self righteous attitudes, and maybe current members will like to stay here!:read2:

OK ready for abuse now!

If we want to try to attract and retain members we really only need to do 1 thing, do it well, and remind ourselves to do it every time we post, ask yourself before you hit the submit button,
  • jump in someones crap just because they deserve it, and YOUR the guy to give it to them?
Just stop and be concious of what your writing and how it's going to be interprited.

If your looking to piss off, stir the crap pot, or anything else that is negetive and wrong to say to someone,
JUST PM!!!!!

Let's try to notch it back a bit on the ill feelings and self righteous attitudes, and maybe current members will like to stay here!:read2:

OK ready for abuse now!

Very well put. I agree 100%.

I'm in total agreement on this. If everyone played by the rules it certainly would make it easier for the Moderators to do their jobs.

Instead of being discouraged
... :angry7:

If we all lived by the golden rule to treat others the way you would want to be teated, would help. Not the case with most in todays society. I treat people with respect and still get craped on. Some people just don't get it.

Keep on keeping on 64dart170, You are one of my favorite members here and I can feel your frustrations at times through your posts but can also tell you are a very good person who is willing to help his fellow man.

Here is to a much better 2010 and beyond.:cheers:

I think it's on the right track. Just thought that things were going somewhat smoothly in the most recent past. This is a site that belongs to all of us. Joey pays the bills but he relies on the good judgement of members and mods to make it run at its best level for the good of everyone. Granted we're gona get our share of the coooks but they are dealt with accordingly. Mods do rely upon members reporting questionable posts so dont stop keepin an eye out for the jerks. Agreed that we need to treat people like we want to be treated. 10:4 on thinking before you punch the button.
Small Block

I noticed over the last 5 years that people get cranky in the winter on here. Good advice.

I agree, Nothing worse than asking for advise and then be belittled for what car you have, engine, tranny etc. We all need to chill a little and know not everyone on here wants to race and not everyone wants to build a 100 point show car. Some of us just want to tinker with what they have. I for one enjoy this forum for the technical side as well as meeting new liked minded people.

I say MOPAR ON! And enjoy the HOBBY!

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

Advice is spelled with a c.

I am sorry kind sir.
It was still early, not enough coffe yet.
I am also geting older and seem to be developing miss-spells and dislexia? (spelling - 10 pts? again?? Please, advise!)
I was still not feeling real well with all the events sense Friday, and am at this moment questioning what I'm even doing off my own restore threads. I think I'll go back there and get to work.
Probibly really messing up now.
I am not the most educated, always bad at spelling but
stupid is as stupid does!

But I do appreciate the chance to edit the title and appear to be better at spelling than I really am. It can only improve me in the long run with more practice!
Thanks!:read2: (Dictionary)

One good thing to remember is if your trying to say something humorous put a LOL at the end or :cheers: or :toothy10: Humor doesn't come across in type to good.
That there is sum gud advis bout speling cudaspaz :-D

I learned a long time ago to do just what you have included in your message, and I will continue to do so both on the net and in my everyday life. Yes, there are some who get a little short with people, but for the most part we are good at keeping both ourselves and others in line. I always live by the rule that you can't take back what has been said or your actions, so be sure you mean what you say and do, and stand behind both. Everybody slips once in a while, but it's nice to know that there are good folks out there who will help you back up and dust off your back, and give you another chance!!! I hope this thread will open a few eyes as to how to stand behind your words and actions and do the right thing by your fellow creatures!!! Geof

JUST PM!!!!!

OK ready for abuse now!

really??

I am not a huge contributor. I keep saying I need to sign up to be a gold member. The first time I tried it it didn't work. No big deal. I will get to that soon. I do have to say this is one of the few places where I will read user contributed content on the internet. Most places it quickly devolves into a couple of three year olds going back if forth saying you're a big stupidhead. No you're a big stupidhead. This discussions on here tend to be remarkably civil. I have learned many things here. I do appreciate any assistance I have gotten and the parts I have purchased were just what I needed. In any public endeavor like this you will get cranks and cheats but they are a rarity here. So to Joey and all the mods and contributors I would like to say thank you for all your efforts. One last bit of advice is to not take the trolls bait. If you don't engage him he will go away.

I am sorry kind sir.
It was still early, not enough coffe yet.
I am also geting older and seem to be developing miss-spells and dislexia? (spelling - 10 pts? again?? Please, advise!)
I was still not feeling real well with all the events sense Friday, and am at this moment questioning what I'm even doing off my own restore threads. I think I'll go back there and get to work.
Probibly really messing up now.
I am not the most educated, always bad at spelling but
stupid is as stupid does!

But I do appreciate the chance to edit the title and appear to be better at spelling than I really am. It can only improve me in the long run with more practice!
Thanks!:read2: (Dictionary)
Only reason I said something is that it changed the meaning from what you intended.

I really enjoy coming to this site when I get off work. My work can be stressful and this is kind of like a stress reliever. On the other hand, here lately you do see a lot of people not being so nice. I feel like I am back at school again. Remeber the saying, "If you can't be nice don't say anything at all." Also there are many ways to do things, just because you have never done something that way doesn't mean it is wrong. There is no since beating each other down. Isn't there to much negativity going around anyway in this world. Come on guys we are all adults. Let's try and get along and play nice. Keep the good threads coming without all the bull ****. We are here to have fun so let's get to it.

-
Back