FABO Member Map

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask a few simple questions please. (frustrated) Do you have to log in at this map site? I see two options, one is Cudachicks places of interest and the other is listed as Fabo Members. After clicking on any map there are 5 options in the upper right hand corner of the map, no list your name option. They are
Login-Register-Explore-Make a Map-Extras. What is this big dummy missing?
Small Block

There is no log in required.When you first get to the site there should be a small window in the middle of the map that asks you if you want to join. If you are not fast enuff to click on it, it will disappear in a few seconds.After that look to the upper right corner above the map where it says "join".Click on it and fill in the info. Post again if your having probs,hope this helps.8)

Dreno. No where on my screen do i see the word "join". Let me tell ya what i'm doing and you may have some more explicite directions. I click on the link on Leanna post. It goes to a screen that has her pic in a small box. I click on her pic then a map comes up with a small bar to the upper right on the map. 5 options are listed but nothing that says "JOIN". Only the last 3 of the 5 has a pull down menu and in those there in no join mentioned. This piece of junk setting in front of me may very well me the problem. Ken and i have been trying to set up a company website and this junk wont even let me download adobe flash player. What's next?

Dreno. No where on my screen do i see the word "join". Let me tell ya what i'm doing and you may have some more explicite directions. I click on the link on Leanna post. It goes to a screen that has her pic in a small box. I click on her pic then a map comes up with a small bar to the upper right on the map. 5 options are listed but nothing that says "JOIN". Only the last 3 of the 5 has a pull down menu and in those there in no join mentioned. This piece of junk setting in front of me may very well me the problem. Ken and i have been trying to set up a company website and this junk wont even let me download adobe flash player. What's next?

Sorry Bill,I looked around as much as I could and my guess is that you need to update Adobe flash player.Maybe someone else can help you,I'm no geek by any means.I thought the site was a little unstable when I used it,not very consistent,but I think it's a great idea. Kudos to Leanna.:thumrigh:

I'm really glad ya'll like it!

I've been playing with it some more and it just takes a little practice and clicking on things. Using the address feature on the zoom menu, I was able to see a satellite photo of my old house in California (hey, the '73 Comet GT's still in the driveway LOL) and Billy's place in Luling, Louisiana.

Although it says in tiny print at the bottom of the screen that the imagery was created in 2009, there's NO way that's possible. Our post-Katrina blue-tarped house is still visible (demolished March 13, 2006) and Billy's parents' Dodge Stealth -- totalled last year -- is in the driveway.

Ah well, nothing's perfect. At least it will help us find each other now. :-D

Oh my gawd don't ya'll be scopin out my part's stash....I feel nekkid now
If you keep zooming in you can see your house but you have to enter your street address. Mine is the one with the red roof. I double clicked on Leanna and was able to delete both of my 2 mistakes I think. toolmanmike

Feel free to get me stickied any time you like. It was good for me ... and it's good for FABO.

I'm digging all this map making! Icons everywhere, and more every time I look. Can't wait til the other countries / time zones start filling in. Thanks for helping me gang!

The address I put in does not even get close to where I live out in the country I will do another.

The address I put in does not even get close to where I live out in the country I will do another.
That's what happens to me. The marker is at the town of my zip code but not at my address. I'll have to redo or edit mine also.

John

I redid mine and this time I put my whole address in and the marker is right at my house now.

You might know old dummy here had to screw up. I've got my address in twice and have to delete one and edit the other. How do you edit this darn thing guys ?

Cecil, I think if you click on your map icon it should bring up your personal page. From there, you should be able to edit it from one of the drop down menus. It just takes a little bit of practice -- hang in there. I'm not going to be announcing a test any time soon. LOL

Thanks for adding yourself! This thing is growing in leaps and bounds ... awesome!!!

I've already tried that Leanna, doesn't work. I'll try it again. Maybe if there were two of me I could get two jobs and have more car money. LOL

Cecil, it looks like you're only in there once on the map showing an address in West Clifford. It seems to work but I don't know what you want to edit.

Just a thought for everybody: I believe the map is available for anyone in the world to look at (not just FABO members), so please think long and hard before you post your personal home address on here.

The handy usage tips are great too! If you figure something out, please share it with everybody. I learned how to expand the map from Wylde!!! My picture everybody's clicking on on doesn't show up on MY page. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back