Factory Big Block 74 Duster * giggle *

-
Reaction score
I saw an old thread on this from 2011....the car must be for sale now lol :wack:

Central Florida Craigslist Rednecks always make me laugh.

1974 plymouth duster factory big block

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5368827156.html

I have a factory big block 1974 Plymouth duster the fifth letter of vin and title said P for 400 big block it about 98 per cent rust free and it has nice front bucket seat and will try to pull it out this weekend and take some picture of car and it h ...:sign3::sign3::sign3:

That car has been discussed many times over on Moparts. Nobody (that I recall) has seen the VIN or fender tag...

bring a blindfold
that green/orange combo is gonna hurt your eyes

good thing hes taking pictures "over the weekend"

did I mention this was posted about a month ago?

notice the fender tag disappeared ...the fender tag has the "G" code for a 318.

the VIN was error stamped "P" and the title followed suit with the vin tag but the fender tag had it the way it supposed to be. assuming this is the same car that was for sale years ago.

I bet whoever put the engine in, has no idea where the fender tag is or ever was. LOL

I just looked a little closer at the CL ad ....the vin reads VH23PBXXXX

the year code is missing and VH23 is a scamp not a duster. A duster should be VL29 or VS29.

Years ago there was a '69 Dart GTS with 440 swapped in and nicely restored. He had a new vin tag made with an L for the 5th digit, was trying to pass it off as a factory 440 4 speed GTS. Several people called him out on it, he got nasty and defensive about it, refused to remove the ad.

I called Galen Govier and told him about it, and I'm not sure if he had anything to do with it but shortly afterwards it disappeared. Haven't seen it since.

Years ago there was a '69 Dart GTS with 440 swapped in and nicely restored. He had a new vin tag made with an L for the 5th digit, was trying to pass it off as a factory 440 4 speed GTS. Several people called him out on it, he got nasty and defensive about it, refused to remove the ad.

I called Galen Govier and told him about it, and I'm not sure if he had anything to do with it but shortly afterwards it disappeared. Haven't seen it since.

his first mistake if you want to call it that is setting it as "L" which is an HP 440 in B-bodies. A real 440 GTS would have "M" as the engine code. So he got it wrong in so many ways which is good and what he gets for trying to make a bogus car.

Also anyone knows a REAL 440 GTS in 69 was NOT available with a 4 speed ....they ALL had 727s so yet another dead giveaway of a bogus car

his first mistake if you want to call it that is setting it as "L" which is an HP 440 in B-bodies. A real 440 GTS would have "M" as the engine code. So he got it wrong in so many ways which is good and what he gets for trying to make a bogus car.

I was going to point the L instead of M but decided not to. But since you did it. I concur.

Also anyone knows a REAL 440 GTS in 69 was NOT available with a 4 speed ....they ALL had 727s so yet another dead giveaway of a bogus car

Yup everyone tried to point that out to this guy, but he didn't do enough Mopar homework before having the tags made and didn't want to admit the mistake.

Yup everyone tried to point that out to this guy, but he didn't do enough Mopar homework before having the tags made and didn't want to admit the mistake.

oh well, some chevy guy will probably still buy it LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess it proves not all crooks are good at their chosen profession!

I guess it proves not all crooks are good at their chosen profession!

Yeah, but if they can't make it in the real working world... :banghead:

then fail at being a crook... :violent1:

Where do you go from there??? #-o

Don't bite my head off. Mr norm was putting big blocks in Darts before the factory so what would the vin tag say then? Just asking

Yeah, but if they can't make it in the real working world... :banghead:

then fail at being a crook... :violent1:

Where do you go from there??? #-o

Well then you go to jail and hope your on the presidents list of "Thugs I need to pardon before I leave Office list"

Don't bite my head off. Mr norm was putting big blocks in Darts before the factory so what would the vin tag say then? Just asking
Well it should say the same as the 67 Valiant I put a 440 in back in 1974. VL29D7B. Changing the engine doesn't change the VIN.

Huge difference here.

Mr. Norm was the owner of a Dodge dealership, and he was given free reign by the company to modify the new performance cars to satisfy his customers.

The guy I mentioned was just a flipper trying to commit fraud.

Raini I must say that you know your sh#t and that video was great had me in tears .

Only 69 RR vert?

I once found a 1 of 10 Hemi RR vert !!!!!

Somebody are too much!

Jim, I owned that Duster before, it is 100% legit.
I wish I had time and money to restore it, Mighty Duster.

Not quite. The factory was putting big blocks in Barracuda's before Mr Norm did his Dart.

To answer your question though...I would assume, whatever engine Norm pulled out would be the 5th digit in the car's VIN.

-
Back