Failure or success with Jeg's or Summit branded ( china ) parts

-

Big Dad

Reaction score
When you search for a part on either of those sites ( brand name ) ..they, prefer to just only show their inhouse brand stuff ..

What's your personal luck with it, good or junk ?

I've not had any bad luck. I help my friend down the road, Matt, who runs a restoration shop from time to time. He likes using their universal fuel system in a box (LS style, he's a Chevy guy) and so far they've been nice. Done several of them. They can be used on anything with a fuel pressure around 60 PSI, so it doesn't have to be an LS of course. Fittings and lines all look just as quality as Earls, Russell or whatever and go together just as easily. Also, their camshafts USED to be ground by Crane, so they try to offer quality when they can. Now that Crane's gone, I don't know who does it. I've not had any trouble with any of their other items yet. I don't worry a lot about it because they have such a great return and warranty policy.

When you search for a part on either of those sites ( brand name ) ..they, prefer to just only show their inhouse brand stuff ..

Can’t say on the Jegs side. Used a fair amount of summit branded parts with good luck. Mostly internal engine parts. All did the job….Swingn’

I have used a summit fuel cell, steel mesh fuel filter, and hose fittings (they all work fine)....but all my engine/suspension components are "name brand". I'm just too picky and have trust issues I guess, lol.

I've never had an issue with the Summit rebranded stuff. Most of it is just a rebrand of others stuff for a bit less. I just hate they put they logo all over everything.

How much of the Summit and Jegs private label stuff is Speedmaster?

Summit parts "are" brand name parts...
Summit doesn't make parts they buy in bulk from "brand name" manufacturers and have the brand name taken off and Summit put on or nothing at all a long with the instructions...
That's why when you see what looks like the same exact product that cheaper with so much name or no name..
My Summit Holly blue fuel pump with regulator still says Holly on the regulator LOL... Compare intellitronics stuff to summit stuff it's from intellitronics it just has Summit written on the instructions and instead of a lifetime warranty like in teletronics it's a one-year warranty but you get it at a 25% discount...

After reading a bunch of complaints about the house brand AN fittings I ponied up the money for the name brand fittings. I'll save money somewhere else.

After reading a bunch of complaints about the house brand AN fittings I ponied up the money for the name brand fittings. I'll save money somewhere else.
People have a tendency to complain a lot when something goes wrong but don't say nothing when things go right. One thing about Summit if you called there customer service and said you had a problem with their fitting you'd have an email before you get off the phone with another one on its way...
Try that with jegs...

That's strange because I've used a PILE of Summit AN fittings and never had one issue.

does anybody know what brand there pro billet distributors are? there prices are half what msd is. if there rebranded pro comp junk there overpriced

I have had success with their AN fittings for a couple of complete fuel systems from the tank to the carb. Never a single issue.
I do believe they use Earl's for the fittings.

Just like anyplace like Costco, groceries items, wine .... There are retailers that sell a product that has their name on it that they had a company make for them. The retailer amy even sell the manufacturers product right next to the private label product.

Here's a short article with a deeper look into how it works and if you are getting the same quality.
What Is Private Label?: White Label vs. Private Label

My wife used to be a Retail Buyer. She worked for a very well known business where she did this. Sometimes she would reach out to companies to make a product with her label/logo. She would also buy name brand product for retail. For example, wine. She had a well known winery put her label on their bottle. Thy also sold that winery's own branded bottle. It is often that you get the same product.

does anybody know what brand there pro billet distributors are? there prices are half what msd is. if there rebranded pro comp junk there overpriced

I have looked at their Chrysler distributor + control box and it looks like Pro Comp. I think I saw they have a Ready to Run distributor and it is probably MSD. They have a lucrative relationship with MSD.

Don't forget, Summit is the #1 retailer for most of the brands they carry. Those name brand manufacturers are going to give Summit great bulk pricing when making private label items for them.

The two Jegs Billet's I've had are made by FireCore. I have one one my 340, dad has one on his 440. No complaints, they work and are easily adjustable.

not sure what fire core is but it could be the best for give away price and if JEG'S was selling it they would screw something up. by far the most incompetent company i've ever had the displeasure of dealing with

I've got Summit Racing mufflers on the road runner and satisfied. The local mom and pop exhaust shop talked me into them and said they were the best bang for the buck.
Having said that I prefer name brand stuff the majority of the time.

I've used alot of their in house stuff. I've used Summit mufflers, Jegs exhaust kit for my barracuda, currently have a Jegs electric pump on my race car. I've used both of their AN hoses and fittings and feed lines. I'm sure I've used more than that, but that's all I can think of at the moment. I never had an issue with any of it.

Summit parts "are" brand name parts...
Summit doesn't make parts they buy in bulk from "brand name" manufacturers and have the brand name taken off and Summit put on or nothing at all a long with the instructions...
That's why when you see what looks like the same exact product that cheaper with so much name or no name..
My Summit Holly blue fuel pump with regulator still says Holly on the regulator LOL... Compare intellitronics stuff to summit stuff it's from intellitronics it just has Summit written on the instructions and instead of a lifetime warranty like in teletronics it's a one-year warranty but you get it at a 25% discount...

True. Summit and Jegs do not maunfacture their own parts. On some items if you closely enough and compare to "name brands" on their site you can determine who makes them. I have used Summit headers, carb, timing chain and plug wires. All good.

I have used plenty of Summit branded stuff, AN lines & fittings, Fuel cell, pumps, couple trans pans. only issue i ever had was a cracked pan at the drain plug. totally could have been user induced ( cracked at the npt drain plug ).

Not much of that left when you uncover what’s what and from who and who’s buying thinking otherwise.

No problems using any Summit racing items.

And there 2-1/2 mufflers are excellent, who ever is actually making them.

-
Back