Fair price for 67 Barracuda FB Project Car

-

Project_Fish

I'm on a Low Budget!
Reaction score
I purchased my 67 Barracuda Fast Back in 1990 as a teenager that wanted a muscle car. It needed love so I had the quarter panels replaced as well as the trunk. Then had a friend of my dad's paint it, (not well). I got in over my head pulling the entire interior apart to repaint everything as well as starting to pull the engine out to paint the engine compartment. Long story short it has sat in this condition since 1993 and I haven't touched it since! I have grown tired of saying every summer "this is the year"! I would really like to sell it to someone that will give it the treatment that it deserves.
What I need help with is, I do not know what to ask for it? It is a (nearly) complete car but in pieces. What is missing is the stock driver's seat, previous owner put some big boat seat our of a fury or something and I have since thrown that thing out. The original 273 was removed by the previous owner and a 360 installed. It was a 273 car with automatic column shift. The body is decent, the chrome is ok, with some damage to the chrome pieces on the trunk. It is also missing the trim around the front windshield, and I understand that the 67 did not have metal trim around the glass yet for that year? Anyways to many details without seeing the car firsthand and simply too many things I have forgotten over the years.
I also have a 71 340 and a 8 3/4 rear end that I need to sell also.

Any input is appreciated!

the car is located in Santa Fe, NM 87508

20211213_105736.jpg

20211213_130549_HDR.jpg

20211213_130615_HDR.jpg

20211213_130621_HDR.jpg

20211213_130632.jpg

20211213_130700.jpg

20211213_130719_HDR.jpg

20211213_130733_HDR.jpg

20211213_130800_HDR.jpg

20211213_131047_HDR.jpg

Sorry to read, but understand fully. No disrespect, but $6-7k from what I see?
Looks solid! Engine and diff on top of that.

Sorry to read, but understand fully. No disrespect, but $6-7k from what I see?
Looks solid! Engine and diff on top of that.
Thank you, that is exactly what I was thinking.
Just to be clear do you mean that is the price with the engine and diff included or just for the car?

I think just the cars worth $7k and 71/340 with 8.75 worth another $2500 or $9k package deal....that's me...I'm in the poor South

10-4 big guy...wish I was closer and you wanted a 71 Demon for swap!

‘67 has front and rear glass trim.
With the lack of pictures, 6-7K with the 360 installed and driving. The car needs a ton of work. Paint is not good and incomplete. Interior is incomplete. Dash gages? Missing seat… ouch! Another 2K for 340 & trans if sold with the car at best. I mean best!

What prevents you from having fun with it?
What will it take to get it up and running?

Wow, I understand the questions and needing input on a price @Project_Fish , I sincerely understand your problem.
But as a staff member you know what I have to do.
Price it and let's stick to the rules here, it must have a price or I will have to delete this for sale thread.
I can delete it and you can start another with a given price ? Or you can fix this thread with a price.
Staff member memike.

Thank you

Wow, I understand the questions and needing input on a price @Project_Fish , I sincerely understand your problem.
Price it and let's stick to the rules here, it must have a price or I will have to delete this for sale thread.
I can delete it and you can start another with a given price ? Or you can fix this thread with a price.
Staff member memike.

Thank you
BUZZKILL!!!:poke:

Looks pretty solid, lots of work to put it back together. Will depend on what parts you have and condition there in. Painting a car is expensive, the more you can do yourself the better. $6500-$7500 65'

Staff member memike.

Thank you

This is NOT a “For Sale” thread but an honest question to what it is worth. Nothing more, nothing less.
Take your head outta your backside!

BUZZKILL!!!:poke:
Total dick ya mean!

Right or wrong Mike is doing what he see’s fit. It’s crap like this that pisses the mods off. Next thing u know he will quit. Like this guy complaining. Do we really want that? The car can very well sell from this ad as the OP got his price verified. May never see a for sale ad for this car. I bet he has had offers already. Kim

Staff member memike.

Thank you
This is NOT a “For Sale” thread but an honest question to what it is worth. Nothing more, nothing less.

Total dick ya mean!
Right or wrong Mike is doing what he see’s fit. It’s crap like this that pisses the mods off. Next thing u know he will quit. Like this guy complaining. Do we really want that? The car can very well sell from this ad as the OP got his price verified. May never see a for sale ad for this car. I bet he has had offers already. Kim
Mike must have commented about the time I moved this thread from Sale to general forums. It started as a sale thread and I changed it because it's a "what's it worth" thread. Second time today that has happened.

Last edited:
Mike must have commented about the time I moved this thread from Sale to general forums. It started as a sale thread and I changed it because it's a "what's it worth" thread. Second time today that has happened.
Seems like Mike wants to shove something in your face.

Seems like Mike wants to shove something in your face.
Naw. We laughed about it happening this morning. I read through a thread and went to the beginning to delete some posts and when I went back to finish, there were some posts gone.

Last edited:
my mistake everyone, I just wanted to get some ideas and let Mopar heads know this great project is here. I wasn't trying to break rules or make anyone mad. Had I known I would have posted it in the right place. I knew to come to A Bodies Only and these guys could help me out!
thanks for the input, everyone.

7k for car 9k for everything. come see it in person and make offer. too much to try to go over on the interwebs or phone.

Total dick ya mean!
:rofl: I see you have not changed that child mentality.

**** for brains.

Windshield is broken, the rest of the glass is good, This is a desert car so rust was not a big issue, quarter panels and trunk are good as they have been done in the early 90s. complete car just missing the trim around windows and driver's seat. I cannot remember but I think I have two interment clusters and an extra bumper that is bent a little, but yes straight front and rear bumper. It used to be a driving car before I took it all apart because I didn't know better at the time, but I wasn't about to part it out! the 8 3/4 rear is outside and the 340 is in pieces because that is how I bought it.

Really best to see in person if possible because there are so many little things to look at and go over, way more than I can sit here and try to explain, plus I could lay all the parts out on a table if someone were to come look.

-
Back