Family Heirloom

-

kevinx

Reaction score
Hello all. Not new to Mopar, but new around here....
First car was a 71 340 Duster that I ran into a house soon after my 16th birthday totaling it. Second was a 68 Valiant 4 door that had more rust then metal. Bought it for $35[the cost the scrap guy was gonna pay] After that was a 73 slant 6 Duster that ended in a bad run in with a Power Wagon. From there I did a VW for a time, and then a couple different dodge trucks, and many big bore V-twins.
For a while I raced Chrysler Cordobas at the local 3/8 mile oval. Did real well with a 400ci version that was pretty much point and shoot. Not the best handler, but I could make it real wide. Then raced a 360 Cordoba in Street Stock with very good success; against Novas, and Camaros. The beauty of a Mopar at a bull ring is. They have no idea HOW you are cheating. Most of the tech guys never even saw a torsion bar before I showed up.
This weekend at my brothers house I finally rescued his 70 340 Duster. He is[was?] the second owner of the car that he bought in 1984. Unfortunately he decided to do some work to it in the late 90s, and like many peoples projects....It became yard art. Looks like rehab is gonna be a long road, but it has a solid body, and underpinnings. I'll post some pix as I go along.
BTW I type with three fingers so you can count on this being the longest post you will ever see from me

hahaha welcome sorry to here about your accidents, remind me not to go cruising with you...... ;) hahaha just kiddin anyways glad you have rescued a A BODY we would love to see some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome again sir.

hahaha welcome sorry to here about your accidents, remind me not to go cruising with you...... ;) hahaha just kiddin anyways glad you have rescued a A BODY we would love to see some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome again sir.

16 years old was a LLLLOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG time ago

Welcome to FABO, let's see some pics of the newly acquired Duster, as well as anything else Mopar you've owned that you might have pics of.

Welcome to the best community online.................:eek:fftheai:

Hi & welcome from Winnipeg, Canada.

For a while I raced Chrysler Cordobas at the local 3/8 mile oval. Did real well with a 400ci version that was pretty much point and shoot. Not the best handler, but I could make it real wide. Then raced a 360 Cordoba in Street Stock with very good success; against Novas, and Camaros. The beauty of a Mopar at a bull ring is. They have no idea HOW you are cheating. Most of the tech guys never even saw a torsion bar before I showed up.

We raced Cordobas at our 3/8mi. dirt track with the same deal.There was a 400 ci. rule but we ran a 440. Chevy guys had no clue as to how we reinterpretted the rules. BTW, it's not cheating unless you get caught.:thumleft:

A warm SoCal welcome to FABO, kevinx. You're going to like it here!

Welcome! And since I know somebody will do it, it might as well be me!

:worthles:

Here is the Big Block Cordoba early in the season. My nephew is the little guy, and he is standing in a place that hid the caved in panel below the B piller

Attachments

• cordoba_716x600.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 179
Everyone on here are fantastic people & have mad skills that they are willing to share.
Welcome to FABO!

-
Back