-
Status
Not open for further replies.

694spd

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Contact seller
Selling this set of Fast Ratio Pitman Arm and Fast Ratio Idler Arm. They were bought new from Firm Feel. They were installed on friend's 73 Dart , then removed because of a clearance problem due to the headers that were on his car. Firm Feels web site addresses which headers that will and will not cause a clearance problem.

The Pitman arm is for the larger sector shaft steering box.

The pair cost $285.

I'm selling the set for $175 + shipping
Payment by US Postal Money Order, by Paypal add 3% to the total cost.

This set will also fit E & B bodies..

PM me here if interested.

Attachments

• 100_3314.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 584
  • 100_3315.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 602
If you have a socket in a standard set that fits the nut retaining the pitman arm, you have the smaller shaft. If you standard set of sockets ends at 1&1/4 and the nut in question requires 1&5/16 socket, you have the larger shaft and need another socket. :)

If you have a socket in a standard set that fits the nut retaining the pitman arm, you have the smaller shaft. If you standard set of sockets ends at 1&1/4 and the nut in question requires 1&5/16 socket, you have the larger shaft and need another socket. :)

I appreciate your offer to help, but I come up with a different result. I dug out a pair of power steering boxes. One has the large sector output shaft and the other has the small one. The threads on both of them are 7/8"-14. So they both use the same retaining nut and that nut measures 1-5/16". Here are a couple of pictures showing the same nut threaded on to both the large and small sector shafts. The lower picture with the nut threaded on a little farther is the large sector box.
So one would need to measure the splines diameter and not the nut to determine which sector shaft you have.

This is from bigblockdart.com web site:
"First, there are two sector sizes, simply known as large or small sector. The large sector, just above the splines as it exits the housing, measures 1.22". The small sector measures 1.11"."

Attachments

• 100_3346.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 383
  • 100_3347.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 400
What size does the pitman arm have that you're selling?

The fast ratio pitman arm that I'm selling is for the large sector shaft.

ok so maybe that did change with later models. earlier small sector shaft has 5/8 nf and 1&1/8 nut.

I was wondering if they would work in my 69 Valiant, I have a 73 and up k frame, I have the Borgeson Power Steering Box with the large sector shaft and I have the 73 and up drag link. I do not have headers I have the stock 69 340 manifolds with 2 1/2 TTI Pipes. Thanks Webby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back