Fast ratio steering '67 Cuda

-
It really depends on your exhaust routing. A recent post had the fast ratio pitman arm hitting the lead pipe.

It is a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda with TTI headers.

Edit

The TTI web site says the Firm Feel has a fitment issue.

Last edited:
Mgunner. Head pipe as in a stock one or headers? I'll be running the TTI headers.

if you look at the application section...does not show it fitting an A body...only B and E...one of the reviews was from a 71 Demon and he said it did not fit..

Great!
Where to find an idler arm for use with TTI headers?!?!?!

moog make idler arms that fit...that one is a fast ratio...

MOOG DOES NOT make the one - year only 1967 "A" Body fast ratio or slow ratio --- the ONLY one they MADE (past tense) is OBSOLETE.......
I have the reproduction, out of California --- but it is the Stock IDLER ARM........

DO NOT use "fast ratio" steering arms -- it's as simple as that. Use a fast ratio steering BOX. 16:1 and 20:1 manual boxes are available. Talk to Firm Feel or Steer & Gear.

DO NOT use "fast ratio" steering arms -- it's as simple as that. Use a fast ratio steering BOX. 16:1 and 20:1 manual boxes are available. Talk to Firm Feel or Steer & Gear.
Thanks for the tip if I indeed go that way in the future.

MOOG DOES NOT make the one - year only 1967 "A" Body fast ratio or slow ratio --- the ONLY one they MADE (past tense) is OBSOLETE.......
I have the reproduction, out of California --- but it is the Stock IDLER ARM........
That's what I'm looking for!
A stock 1967 idler arm.
Who makes it/has it?

As this previous was mentioned...67 Idler 1 year only application and a tough find!
Unless you change or the "K" has been changed 196 Up will not fit 67.

OK, so it's a K frame change, '68 and up then?
LMAO

Wife found something available from Classic Industries. Will call on it first.

Wife found something available from Classic Industries. Will call on it first.
PST. Lists 67 year only front rebuild kit and it includes the idler arm, so you should be able to get it from them separately. Call and check, Lon;

I should have reproduced the 68 up idler arm to K member clip years ago. I don't expect the typical vendors ever will reproduce and offer that part. If they did, They wouldn't be able to sell the one year only idler arms.

Thanks 66fs

Vendor PST got the nod at $89 delivered.
Thanks all!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Right year wrong year, correct PST on the bottom.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The difference between things.
(Left in top photo, Top in second photo) The idler arm.
Listed as a "'67" within a search for the '67 Cuda, this is actually a "B" body idler arm, now for sale, only installed & greased to moved said car above in and out of the garage.

NEW Castle nuts included. Make offer. Proper ad forth coming.

Last edited:
-
Back