fastest e.t with torkerll small block

-

35regal

Reaction score
any body that runs the torker ll with a small block, please post your e.t and some of your set-up info,thanks

We ran 7.36 1/8 mi. on 87 octane gas with one in a Mazda B2200 pickup that scaled in at 2980 lbs., it was a .030 360 with a 830 cfm holley and a XE 284 cam. The engine started out as a police engine and the pistons were .045 in the hole after square decking, we used the MP thin gaskets and the heads had 1.88/1.60 valves. The heads were gasket matched on the intake side and bowl blended on both sides. We did use a fully adjustable valve train but no rollers. The exhaust was a set of shorty hedders with 3" pipes out behind the drivers seat, where the H pipe was fitted, they ended in front of the rear end.

Theres a fella here running low 11's with a TorkerII in a 360 Duster and a purple cam. A solid one IIRC.

Had a torker 2 on one of my previous 340's was not impressed at all there are much better single planes out there,heck the air gap dual plane is a better manifold...

Had a torker 2 on one of my previous 340's was not impressed at all there are much better single planes out there,heck the air gap dual plane is a better manifold...
i agree.when my 340 first went in it had a torker.its not a bad piece ,but ive run several intakes since then,weiand x-celerator with turtle welded in the plenum,air gap,and now an edy street tunnel ram.ALL of them seemed to have more low end and gave up noting on top,but i also never ran it past 6000 rpms.

Not for nothing, but back in the day of Pre-RPM intakes, there wasn't really anything on the market that was a low rise single plane (Read, hood clearance) in that RPM range.

The TorkerII works well as a low cost on the cheap intake for performance these days and can be caught on E-bay for cheap often. That and a used up Holley and a cheap air cleaner, reasonable performance can be had for pennies vs. brand spanking new stuff.

Oh! Crap, almost forgot again, I ran one on a 318 4spd Cuda to the tune of high 13's with nothing speical done.

Stock replacement 318 pistons way down in the hle and 360 heads and headers, 4.10 gears.

70 Swinger all steel, ps, bench seat, column shift, steel rallyes, 3440 race weight. Low gear 904 with 10" converter and 4.56 gears. 11.68@115mph, 7.36@92mph in the eighth.

The motor:
11:1 srp pistons .040 over
stock 360 crank and rods
stock 360 block
home ported x heads (actually an X and an O)
Ultradyne 540 lift/ 240 @.050 112 lsa solid flat tappet
Crane gold rockers
1 5/8 headers
2 1/2 exhaust w/ flowmasters
MSD ignition
750 holley dp
Edelbrock torker II

By the way I LOVE this intake and have yet to have any intake out perform it. Ive tried everything from the M1 to the performer rpm air gap, plus it clears my stock hood with a stock unsilenced air cleaner.

35regal your PM inbox is full! Let me know if you come across any intakes looking for a new home, because I'm still interested.

Thanks,

Dave

I picked up 3 tenths from torker 2 to the victor 340

ok heres my set-up crosswinds air-gap, 750 hp dbl pumper, about 10 1/4 compression. x heads, 244/252 solid @050,550/570 lift with 1.6 rockers,x heads flow not quite as good as stock edys. 3500 stall ,4.10 sure-grip, i was thinking about changing to the torkerll because i have access to one, i know the edy air gaps are a very good peice, and the crosswinds cant be more than 10-15 horse behind,I DONT WANT TO GET INTO THE WHOLE EDY/CROSSWINDS DISCUSSION, I HAVE ALREADY READ THE discussions on that subject, just trying to find that perfect intake for this weekend street rod,THANKS FOR EVERYONES INPUT. KEEP EM COMING.

To be real honest, unless your going to ligtly race this and use a stall converter that goes up and past the pont of where the two intakes get close to even in power output, I wouldn't do the swap.

12.6 @ 109mph

360 / 727 / 3.9 9''

20090325-AM1A0264.jpg

Nice ride A360

35Regal, at what rpm are you taking off at? It seem's lite on the stall maybe and you also seem to have enuff cam for this set up.

-
Back