Fastest Muscle Car In History aka HELLCAT

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=hellcat challenger&sm=1

Yep, another thread dedicated to the new Challenger Hellcat! Not sure how many have seen this video yet, but here it is for your viewing pleasure. With simply bolting on a set of drag radials, you can take your brand new Challenger Hellcat to the drags and rip off some seriously fast high 10 second et's!! If you dont feel like swapping out the tires, I bet the 11.2 quarters will be just fine.....

I had a 2011 RT Challenger 6spd 3.92 gear Super Track Pack Black with red hood stripes Challenger that bored me so I traded it for a Jeep and went back to the 416 Barracuda as my enjoyment. I just told my wife it might be time to sell the Jeep, Barracuda, and my soul......F'n Eh!

Ahem....

The 68 Super Stock Darts and Barracudas did 10.3 seconds stock....

Have owned SS/A and SS/AA classes since...

And now down into the 8's....

However, it is nice to see them going for the "top dog" position. As like with the e-bodies about 4 years behind the competition and finally caught up.

Come on now! Lets compare apples to apples here! I have the a lot of respect to the early hemi darts and barracudas. But none of those cars were built to be "street" driven, or even have any sort of warranty whatsoever! This Hellcat can be bought off the showroom floor, as a daily driven commuter. That runs in the 10's! And thats probably with the A/C on! Not to mention Led Zepplen screaming on the bad *** stereo! This car will change the new generation of muscle forever.

Mopar: "Don't call it a comeback, I've been doing this for years!"

well, for a year anyways. That's how long it'll take for the other two to step their games up.

Like I said. Modern muscle received a kick in the *** with this one. Can't wait to see what the future holds. MOPAR TO YA!!!!!

I think it is impressive as Hell, especially when you consider all of the creature comforts, compared to the older ones. Still doesn't take away one bit of appeal that I have for the old one though!
I imagine that doing 11 seconds in a new car does not feel nearly as thrilling or edge of the seat as it does doing it in an older car.
45 years later to boot. I'd bet back then everyone thought we'd all be flying around more like the Jetsons by now!

Come on now! Lets compare apples to apples here! I have the a lot of respect to the early hemi darts and barracudas. But none of those cars were built to be "street" driven, or even have any sort of warranty whatsoever! This Hellcat can be bought off the showroom floor, as a daily driven commuter. That runs in the 10's! And thats probably with the A/C on! Not to mention Led Zepplen screaming on the bad *** stereo! This car will change the new generation of muscle forever.

Then don't title it "the fastest muscle car in history".... :wack:

Now for street driven, A/C on, Zep on the radio, and warranty....

A. Nothing that brand X isn't already doing. :sign3: (I will not bring up any particular names to try not to turn this thread sideways as all others in the past have gone - let's not go there.)

B. Warranty? Good luck.

My experience with Chrysler and warranty have not been very good. :finga: (Let's just leave it there to keep this short).

It's about time that they finally stepped up. Now let's wait and see if the car meets up to all the hype.... :color:

You can't name it the "Storm of the Century" if the century isn't even half over yet....

Will this 6.2 liter honestly be faster than an LS7 7 liter or factory forced inductioned LS9's and Mod motors?
Chevy has an excellent motor to match our fat vehicles, and Ford's mustang is lighter with some potent valvetrain tech...

I LOVE Mopar, but the competition seems stiff, and half of our factory/aftermarket appears to focus on the V-10 Viper for rich guys.

How is Fiat gonna finance more factory innovation? Ported heads, bigger cams, bigger cubes?
It's like going out for asian food, all these appetizers, & then we find out that that was supposed to be the whole meal. It leaves us wanting...to do more than keep pace...

Then don't title it "the fastest muscle car in history".... :wack:

Now for street driven, A/C on, Zep on the radio, and warranty....

A. Nothing that brand X isn't already doing. :sign3: (I will not bring up any particular names to try not to turn this thread sideways as all others in the past have gone - let's not go there.)

B. Warranty? Good luck.

My experience with Chrysler and warranty have not been very good. :finga: (Let's just leave it there to keep this short).

It's about time that they finally stepped up. Now let's wait and see if the car meets up to all the hype.... :color:

Well it is the fastest, and most powerful muscle car in history, so.......... yea that's why I titled the thread like I did. Maybe not next year, but it is right now!

Ahem....

The 68 Super Stock Darts and Barracudas did 10.3 seconds stock....

Have owned SS/A and SS/AA classes since...

And now down into the 8's....

However, it is nice to see them going for the "top dog" position. As like with the e-bodies about 4 years behind the competition and finally caught up.

Ahem.... the hemi dart was a stripped down drag car, all it do was go in a straight line. the hellcat is a fully loaded street car that does a lot more then just go in a straight line. big difference there man. i can't believe how many guys try using that stupid *** comparison.

want to compare classic muscle with the hellcat? try using a street car like a hemi b-body or hemi e-body. the hellcat would kill those hooptys 100 different ways.

It will have better times soon. That was with that crappy guy from gas monkey driving and in extreme heat. I think it's got 10.40's in it in stock form in the right conditions

-
Back