Fat Blue Fish Build

-
Fatty in the park at Farmington, MN with my buddies bee.

Good time despite the rain......and 4.00 beers.

Mop

100_3230w.jpg

I thought that was your car!! I'm sorry for all the drool around it, hope you didn't slip on it.
In my humble opinion it was in the top 3 of my favorite cars there.

Baracudasample.jpg

Thanks,

I wish some of the FABO peeps would have introduced themselves.....we need a small sticker we can put in an inconspicuous place to identify ourselves to each other but to no one else.....stick it on an LCA or something. I thought the guy next to me was a fabo member cause I thought I remembered seeing his car on the site.....he told me it was his first EVER car show and swore it had never been photographed...I told him if he had it on the street then chances are someone snapped a shot and that's how I had seen it on the FABO site.

I love that picture you took of fatty btw.....it looks surreal.

Can I get you to send me a .jpg?

Thanks,

Mop.

There only one there that I talked to from FABO was GreenDuster.
He has a For A Bodies only decal across his windshield.

When I came by your car you must have been walking around checking out other vehicles.

Most likely we were.

I checked out your thread.....nice build.

That turbo is gonna be very cool.

Mop

Thanks. Its an ever changing thing.

Now what are you going to change or do to your vehicle?

It's done.....time to start another one.

My wife has a 69 ragtop cuda......I recovered the seats this winter and it's time to make hers shine.

Next thread will be on her build.

Mop

I'm always thinking of new builds....lol
I have already started the 69....I have an aussie speed long runner intake and am seriously considering a blower set up a la Mad Max.

Well see....I have to recoup from the fat blue fish build.

Mop

Mop....beautiful fish....If you don't mind what is the color code you used....????? 8)

Rickster

Dang! If I ever get bogged down on my car I'm going to pull up this thread! Beautiful car and build. Even if it is a FB! LOL
Great inspiration!

I actually have a soft spot for 68 notch backs....hers my old one. Lucky me I sold it to a buddy so I still get to see it.

Wish I kept it. We would still have our trifecta. 67 FB, 68NB and 69 vert.

Slant six old lady car now a 360 car with 8-3/4 and auto/bench seat.

Off white with Burgandy interior and still only has 69K on it.....super clean PA car.

Attachments

• 2012-03-16 16.45.24.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 122
I was going to ask when you were going to get a notch to complete the trio! I think I'll enlarge the photo of the 68 notch and put on the wall in the garage as inspiration. I certainly need inspiration sometimes. :prayer:

Yea I see a lot of confusion and chaos.....what are you doing to your car right now.....?

Don't take me to literally, I tend to be sarcastic towards the humorous side....at least that's what I'm going for...

Looks like a nice body and great starting point for a full resto or doing a short term driver resto.

all the stainless is intact...its about 7 to $10 a foot to restore but worth it.

What are you doing to it?

Funny that notch I had has the typical rust in the front and rear lowers but is solid other wise. Interior is perfect except for a rip in the driver seat on a seam so I put an old Mexican blanket in there. When he took it over he and I put the 360 and the 8-3/4 and 4 wheel discs/wheels on it and it has remained like that since.

He refuses to restore it cause the body, rust and all doesn't bother him as the paint is all original and it still looks pretty good to be honest.....lol. I love that.

2001 5.2 Magnum engine, 2000 Cherokee 8 1/4 rear end with Trac-Loc, changeover from auto column to floor shift and console, white-faced gauges and built-in tach, 73+ disc brakes, bench to buckets (Eddie Bauer gray leather), total rewire, eventually AC. This is to be a daily driver. You want to see chaos? I'll post a picture of the 70 Corvette in front of the B'cuda.

-
Back