Fat Blue Fish Build

-
Not enough throw......I moved the cable on the carb to a higher hole and readjusted it.....Now I have about 3/4 throttle. I have to remove the pedal and re bend that to get the rest.

Went down the driveway hill to take another test run and as lucky as I am there was a problem.

Inside of front tire rubbed/bent the front of the lower part of the front fender causing it to crease a small area, chip paint and tire mark burned through. This happened when I turned the steering wheel causing the suspension on the driver side to unload raising the fender up and it hit at the bottom leading edge.

F ME.

So back to the shop for paint work. I guess 18's were never meant to go on these cars with adjustable suspensions.....even though I didnt have a huge problem before...So three choices.

1. Radius wheel opening on lower front to allow for clearance....means more cutting, welding and body/paint work on both fenders.
2. Get 17" x 7" wheels 5" backspace and new tires all the way around if I can't find the discontinued BFG's to match the back. Still need body and paint work though.
3. Cry in my beer and give up..drive the dirty Rat Rod around instead and just tell people I had a nice cuda. Park it so you only see passenger side.

What a drag.....

Oh the vibration.....it seemed to get better but then how would I really know as I only went 22 miles and I was concentrating on every other strange noise...could have been the brakes dragging as they are new and tight.....could be an out of balance drive shaft, I wasnt going fast so I won't point a finger at the wheel balance yet...who knows.

I guess that's why they call it a shakedown cruise.

Boo Hoo

Mop

100_1317w.jpg

Drove it down to the shop......I used some 3M fine line and taped the new radius onto the fender so Dan could see what to cut and sadly left the car there.

My vibration seems to be in the drive line.....I'm thinking drive shaft pinion angle is off or shaft itself is out of balance.

So we continue the shakedown cruise....... 5 days till I get it back from paint.......probably 2 weeks if I'm lucky.

Sad Mop

Sorry to hear about the rubb issue, seems as building a car is only half of the job the rest is to tune it. :read2:

Yes I almost tuned it with a baseball bat yesterday.

No worries.....something was gonna happen....you can't expect to take a car completely apart and put it back together without a few issues right?

No shows or cruise nights for a few weeks anyway.....plus I have to catch up on work around the house for a few weekends.

Lets call this a much needed break from the stress that we all deal with during these builds....and let the body man deal with the body i$$ues.

I will be back.8)

Mop

Yes I almost tuned it with a baseball bat yesterday.

No worries.....something was gonna happen....you can't expect to take a car completely apart and put it back together without a few issues right?

No shows or cruise nights for a few weeks anyway.....plus I have to catch up on work around the house for a few weekends.

Lets call this a much needed break from the stress that we all deal with during these builds....and let the body man deal with the body i$$ues.

I will be back.8)

Mop

That's the attitude! You deserve a break Mop.

OK.....now that I'm done hijacking SRT8's thread I decided to get back to my own.

Good news...vibration is in the drive line.....pinion angle was off. Corrected to -4 and +4...best we could do and guess what.....STILL HAVE PROBLEMS.
but only at high RPM's this time. Seems my 32" long drive shaft will need to be at almost 0 - 0 deg to be smooth.

So I gutted my interior today. That's right....all that time I spent perfecting the inside is now scattered in boxes and on the floor, trunk and everywhere but in the car.

Have to cut the tunnel and raise the gear vendor end of the trans up 1" to get the 0 -0 or as close to it angle. Bahhhhh.

Help me if this fails!:angry7:

Looks like more time in the rat...here's a pic of what a Confusedcuda's A-body looks like from inside my Rat going to a show 60 miles away last Saturday.

100_2548w.jpg

OK

Car is back in action....fixed the pinion angle by raising the rear of the trans so its almost 0-.75 now and trans tunnel is reinstalled the interior is back in and I have it back on the road. This time everything is working and NO LEAKS!!!!

Couple of cruise nights/car shows this weekend.

First one...super rare one in a million shot. At a car show with 50 cars one of each model of barracuda and all the same year. To make it even cooler the convert was a tru formula S model!

The others are from last nights cruise night at local grocery store.

Enjoy the pics.

Mop

100_2580w.jpg

100_2581w.jpg

100_2582w.jpg

100_2583w.jpg

100_2590w.jpg

100_2592w.jpg

Yes that's a red windshield......any Rush fans? I see red.

I guess it must be something that I read.......
Think about the overhead.....
Yep, big time Rush fan!!!

Wonder how that rabbit feels going under your spinning wheels?
Bright images flashing by...like windshields towards a fly.

Between the wheels....no doubt in my top 10 rush song list.......I have a zune that I keep all Rush cd's on and jam it in my jalopy to drown out the headers.

Ha Ha thats cool...no doubt.

Thanks....yes I will have to wait till Friday to enjoy more as it's back to getting work. I'm going to check the lug nuts and just look it over well since I have about 120 miles on it now.
I'll send a Youtube-vid next week after cruise night..

CUL8TR

Mop

I guess it must be something that I read.......
Think about the overhead.....
Yep, big time Rush fan!!!

Wonder how that rabbit feels going under your spinning wheels?
Bright images flashing by...like windshields towards a fly.

Between the wheels....no doubt in my top 10 rush song list.......I have a zune that I keep all Rush cd's on and jam it in my jalopy to drown out the headers.

Ha Ha thats cool...no doubt.

No offence guys but they sound good until that singer opens his mouth. He sounds like a peacock on steroids. LOL

I know it's me.... I must missing something.

Classic Air Gen V

Very compact.

I used the factory under dash vent system and trimmed the shizzle out of it.
I have it plumbed for cooling only since I don't plan on driving in the winter.
I can always dress for the cooler weather this fall if I need to.

Nice system and works well.

Mop

http://www.good-guys.com/news/newsStory.aspx?newsid=1364

Saturday and Sunday.

I am in...got in the circle jerk deal when you don't have to go till Sat...My Autorama win gave me a free pass from Friday I guess.

Lucky me.

So cleaning it up big time this week and shaking out more bugs.....

The neighbor is starting to hate me cause I left a few HUGE black streaks down the street he lives on......we live in the country so...ya know I figure no big deal......except he's a Chevy guy...has about 8 of em.

Sorry your cHEAVY car can't do that dude......Put 3 more blowers on it.

I owed him for killing my grass anyway so were even. That and it's my only safe test area.....he's gonna have to live with it till it's dialed in.:bootysha:

Mop

Had a great time Saturday and even got a builders choice sticker on my headlight......Was headed there this morning to be in the winners circle and my new transmission decided to fail leaving me stuck at the bottom of my driveway and sadly not able to go back to the show and have my 5 minutes of glory.......I had an afternoon of moping up transmission fluid and getting the beast back in the garage. So Tuesday night I get to tear it apart again!

I'm getting so got at it.

Oh well......at least I got to do 3 laps on the speedway.

Here is 2 pics and 2 videos will follow.

Mop

100_0355w.jpg

100_0356w.jpg

-
Back