Fat Blue Fish Build

-
Front seats go in today..........you know what that means!

TEST DRIVE BABY!!!!

This afternoon the fat one hits the streets. I have 10 gals of race gas, AC charged up, insurance card in pocket and license on the bumper.

I will report later.

Mop

Test drive day is here :cheers: what a great Barracuda=P~
I will be standing on the corner with y thumb out :-D
Enjoy and keep it neat on the street momoparman8)

Front seats go in today..........you know what that means!

TEST DRIVE BABY!!!!

This afternoon the fat one hits the streets. I have 10 gals of race gas, AC charged up, insurance card in pocket and license on the bumper.

I will report later.

Mop

You didn't sleep last nite did you??? Too much anxiety.....I know I would have that!!!!

Let us know how it goes!! Congrats to getting to this point.

Drove it today.....rumble fish...what a ride.

It rakes the sides and feels like it want's to peal paint off.

Nasty 3500rpm stall and hand shiftin an automatic is weird.

It seems too fast and powerful for the street.

I guess I will wait for the tickets.

Mop

Show us some video, for pete's sake!! Can't you get Confusedcuda off the couch for a couple of minutes? Surely he can drive a camera.

A beautiful Fish! I have 2 67's, one sedan and one fastback no where as nice....I am jealous! Great job.

Why haven't I seen this thread before? Well now that I've awaken from my coma and caught up, wow, what a great build, I mean holy chit that's a great ride! :-D

Confusedcuda is as always confused about things of that nature.....just look at his latest post....a still video.:-D

My daughter caught me stealing her camera and was not happy.....NO VIDEO FOR YOU (She's a Soup Nazi)

The fish is back home for good and I am putting the interior in for good so no chance of driving at least for a few more days.

An all Mopar show at Riverside Park along the river is here this weekend.....Sunday.

That is the goal.....drive it there on Sunday.

Wish me luck.

Mop

That Sunday came and went....a few of them actually.

OK I have the camera back and here is why I am not done.

Repair to work already done!

As usual things come out better than they go in......a few scratches and some parts that just did not look good enough so I re-did them. Some things took way longer...like the AC vents. AS you can see I had to modify the plenum a bit...that and I took all the vent fins apert to clean and polish them.....then I had to get them back in line....NEVER DO THIS!

So how close am I? I have a list with 6 items on it and one is clean the car.

I am a console carpet border away from final installation of the seats....then thats it. It will be done!

So here are a few of the latest and be prepared for the final chapter next week. I promise.

Mop

100_2458_00w.jpg

100_2461_00w.jpg

100_2467_00w.jpg

100_2469_00w.jpg

100_2471_00w.jpg

100_2473_00w.jpg

100_2474_00w.jpg

100_2480_00w.jpg

100_2482_00w.jpg

100_2485_00w.jpg

More......and yes that is Lowe's chrome insulation bubble wrap....I knew you would be proud 5.7. That's for you. Now I have triple insulation, sound barrier, bubble wrap and carpet jute. Also found a place for the fender tag, certi-card and my VIN plate.

Got my seatbelts back...that was hanging me up for a while. They look awesome...SEAT BELT SOLUTIONS in case your wondering.....rechrome all the buckles and new webbing. PERFECT! Nice job Glen.

More pics?

Mop

100_2488_00w.jpg

100_2489_00w.jpg

100_2492_00w.jpg

100_2496_00w.jpg

100_2497_00w.jpg

100_2500_00w.jpg

100_2504_00w.jpg

100_2506_00w.jpg

Looking really good...is that a factory air unit or aftermarket?

Man, that is sweet.
Love the the job with the detailing that you´re doing.

Genesis IV from Classic air with the stock under dash AC vent system for any A body. I disassembled the vent completely and painted the box, the padded wrap to match the dash. Then I disassembled the tiny little individual vents...NEVER AGAIN....and polished each one. A stainless band between the three vents looks sano and matches interior. You can see from the pics how much of the stock plenum I had to remove to get the hoses into the back (cut up pile of plastic and steel)....in the pic the hoses are still just laying on the hump...now that they are connected you can't even see them unless you lay down and look up.

Thanks again for the nice comments....I am detailing some bolts, running the drainline for the AC and installing the LED flashers today.

This thing will be done Tuesday.

We start working on my wifes fish Wednesday.

Mop

Dang, that is dedication to do the vents, I wouldn't have the patience to do that. Very nice job and beautiful looking car.

Definitely a nice build to follow. I as well as other await the video of you banging thru the gears.

Alot of attention to detail that others may or may not notice... love it.

I finally washed it today...it will need another washing to get it real clean.

Drove it 22 miles.....it shakes a lot and feels like your in a scary school bus...????is this normal?

So any way I gave up on clenching my butt cheeks together and figured if its coming apart let the insurance company deal with it.

I was not real impressed with the motor.....until I realized that I only have half throttle.

Somehow the lokar cable and the chrome work I had done on the pedal took 1/2 off the stroke so I was running on 1/2 pedal....I lit them up but it seemed like I was driving a 6 cyl.......Oh that's why.

Anyway...more fine tuning on 22 mile car......I'll be back.

Mop

When does it shake? In gear just idling, in park, going down the road at a normal cruise?

Damn!, I new I should of brought mine over today. I could of maybe stole a victory. What all do you think is going on?

-
Back