Father-Son 1974 Duster Project

-
Now you got me spending like a drunken sailor....
But that's money well spent.

It is for liquid...so clean it, may try to flush with water, and pressure check it.
You can do this your self cheap.
Do it sailor.
Why take a chance on a radiator that might have stop leak, dirt, illegal immigrants floating around in it?

I ordered an oem style (even though the inlet of the carb is on the other side from stock) pump to carb fuel line from Summit. I'm wondering if I should return it and get one of those black anodized braided fuel lines with a pressure gauge built in? Then again I could use the hose nipple already on the carb, get hunk of hose and a filter and go to town...

Attachments

• com.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 365
I was going through my parts last night and found 2 of these in a box that was in the trunk. I didn't paint them red and there are 2 of them. Pretty sure its not a Duster part

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 300
  • 12 (1).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 313
The girls and I have been following your build fellas. Looks Great! :cheers: You'll be cruising in no time. :burnout:

Pat

Yup. - Looks like a tranny tail seal to me too.

Well I'm glad for two things. 1 the trans that was in the car when we bought it is long gone and 2 the trans in there now was just gone over and got a shift kit a clean bill of health.

Well I'm glad for two things. 1 the trans that was in the car when we bought it is long gone and 2 the trans in the was just gone over and got a shift kit a clean bill of health.

Did they put the seal on? That is external, where the drive shaft slides in.

I'll need to look! Drive shaft not in the car yet. We'd be lost without all the help from you guys

Hey Bob,
Let me know if you want a second set of eyes on the transmission.

Hey Bob, Let me know if you want a second set of eyes on the transmission.
For sure Al!
Aaron is off on a tangent with the dirt bike! lol
I hope to have a good chunk of time to help him and get back to some work on the car today👍

Today I returned some unwanted items to Lowes and used the store credit to get some material to build a workbench:cheers:
As you can see, we need to organize and purge but that bench is going to make a big difference in getting things done. The only other flat surface we have had in the past was a slab door on 2 saw horses out in the driveway.
I mentioned a while back that my wife and I listed our house for sale. Well we took it off the market this past week because we came to the conclusion we like where we live and there are not any other better options in town.
So the new plan is to build a new oversized 2 car garage with a loft above, and convert the existing 2 car garage into a billiard/swimming pool cabana/home gym overlooking a new in ground pool. I think it's a great move for the whole family, and we get a much more efficient garage in the bargain. Misty and that new workbench are going to look great in there:D
Then maybe Dartn440 wont need to worry that the farm tools are hung on the wall too close to the car

Attachments

• wb.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 312
  • wb1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 307
  • first floor.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 334
  • fh.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 300
Set the carb on the kitchen counter one too many times, huh? LOL

Today I returned some unwanted items to Lowes and used the store credit to get some material to build a workbench:cheers:
As you can see, we need to organize and purge but that bench is going to make a big difference in getting things done. The only other flat surface we have had in the past was a slab door on 2 saw horses out in the driveway.
I mentioned a while back that my wife and I listed our house for sale. Well we took it off the market this past week because we came to the conclusion we like where we live and there are not any other better options in town.
So the new plan is to build a new oversized 2 car garage with a loft above, and convert the existing 2 car garage into a billiard/swimming pool cabana/home gym overlooking a new in ground pool. I think it's a great move for the whole family, and we get a much more efficient garage in the bargain. Misty and that new workbench are going to look great in there:D
Then maybe Dartn440 wont need to worry that the farm tools are hung on the wall too close to the car

Set the carb on the kitchen counter one too many times, huh? LOL
As you suggest, the phrase " what is this and why is it in the kitchen " has been uttered a few times. Problem solved lol

As you suggest, the phrase " what is this and why is it in the kitchen " has been uttered a few times. Problem solved lol

I guess I'd have to raise havoc with Teresa if she started storing pots & pans out in the garage. LOL.

That actually looks like a nice dash.
Got an envelope in the mail today, thanks.

Since the plastic studs are broken off the back of this piece, the PO just blasted some screws through the radio bezel. I'm assuming this car had AM-FM-Cassette due the openings in this bezel. The divider between the radio and the cassette is cracked but fits together perfectly. I need to find Heater/AC controls as well as a radio to fit this. I wonder how hard that's going to be

View attachment image-3775686477.jpg

Attachments

• image-3489753046.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 249
I just tested both dash clusters I have. I am using a 9 volt and 2 double A's to make the 12 volts.

Is the regulator supposed to put out bouncy voltage like this?

[ame]https://youtu.be/y4zIIX85JlA[/ame]

I had help to sort out the regulator voltage. It was explained to me in the electrical forum that the regulator works like a flasher causing short bursts of voltage then off the " simulate a lower voltage.....

It's a nice day and I am finishing up some undercoating and bedliner in my trunk

Look how long these cars are!

View attachment image-1275249936.jpg

-
Back