Father-Son 1974 Duster Project

-
Silver with Mexican Hat center caps look great on cop wheels. Maybe some trim rings if you could find the right ones.

Cley

Silver with Mexican Hat center caps look great on cop wheels. Maybe some trim rings if you could find the right ones.

Cley
I think so too Cley
IMG_7125.JPG

I'm going to get one of these in the dark grey to see what it does for the black wheels. That may be just enough bling...
IMG_7124.jpg

Last edited:
Front seat arrived yesterday. I managed to clean it and get the first coat of stain on the bottom. This is going to be nice!
IMG_7141.JPG

I'm going to polish up another set of chrome heallight bezels That I have and install them. I like how the black of the grille stands out with the polished headlight trim in this shot of a 73 up car...

IMG_7146.JPG

Last edited:
The black wheels sort of remind me of the A12 Superbees.

I dont know anything about Superbees. What I do know is I can't warm up to those black wheels.
Think I'm going to go back to the drawing board on the wheels and tire situation...

I dont know anything about Superbees. What I do know is I can't warm up to those black wheels.
Think I'm going to go back to the drawing board on the wheels and tire situation...
Hmmm... I was liking it pretty much as is. The black wheels work well with other blackouts on the car. But at this point bright center caps and trim rings would completely change the look of the wheels if that's what you want.

I think want real polished hotrod wheels.
I'm 57 years old, and I scraped pennies and nickels together to keep building the car at times.
I'm going to reduce some of the grille black out and I'm going to get me some bigger tires out back and some bling for the wheels.
I don't think anything I've do so far even though it was budget friendly, looked thrown together, until I got to looking those plain Jane black wheels on the that pretty red car. That's just not ok with me...

Last edited:
I decided that the steel cop wheels gave me the impression the car wasn't complete. Like they were placeholders for something better yet to come. I have seen two Dusters that have caught my attention since I have been building this car. I hope their owners don't mind me posting pictures, but this is what I had in mind for my car, although mine is a weekend warrior shade tree thing, both of these cars have the look that I like very much.
IMG_7161.JPG
IMG_7162.JPG

The the orange car is tubbed, green one is not. I decided to put the 71 style stripe on my car because I love how it looked on the orange car. Also liked and followed the blacked out grille. Also just came to realize I want those nice polished aftermarket wheels. So I'm going to get these wheels from Summit. I'll use the front Coopers I have and get something a little larger for the back
IMG_7150.jpg

Other than obsessing over my wheels and tires like a baby, I was busy prepping and staining my seats so I can put them in after I install the carpet. Back seats are done and dry. Front seat got 2 coats then I assembled it and am waiting for it to fully dry before I give it its final coat.
IMG_7157.JPG
IMG_7156.JPG

I decided to put a low pile loop rubber backed carpet on the package tray and let the 6x9 Rockford Fosgste grilles show.
IMG_7159.JPG

The Pioneer receiver that will power my speakers arrived today. It is very shallow because it does not have a CD player, it will fit with room to spare in the glove box. It has blue tooth and your smart phone is the remote. It also has aux input so I can feed the signal from my in dash 70s era Panasonic unit. I ordered a special antenna cable so I can use both recievers with the antenna. I have pretty much decided to put 5-1/4 round coaxial speakers in the doors...

Last edited:
Cragers look good as well...I like the ones you chose in the pic at the end also!!

74Duster05.jpg

No that was back in 87 and not sure what they were, because a friend gave them to me to put on. Sorry I was just showing how cragers look cause my Duster was similar to your...well Red I guess. LOL

Is been about an hour, lets see the pic with the new shoes.

Is been about an hour, lets see the pic with the new shoes.
Sadly, the 275s are too wide and touch the leaf spring. I knew that was a possibility. So I'm going to have the 245s I had on the back mounted on the new 8" rims which will move them out into the opening more. If I want when I get the credit for the return of the 275 I can get a pair of 255s for the back if I still want it to look wider.
But those new damn wheels are friggin awesome!!!
IMG_7185.JPG

-
Back