favorite all time Daily Driver?

-
My favorite was my 70 Charger, 318 with a 340 cam and a thermoquad.. It was my daily driver for 7 years until I started traveling for work, It was awesome mannered car, ok power and decent gas mileage. I absolutely loved driving it on long road trips. And I still have the old thing, its patiently waiting its turn to be put back on the road.

my 03 subaru WRX, I had it 7yrs. It had great power, really fun in the boost. With the AWD I could take it anywhere, it did awesome in the snow, and could carve a corner pretty darn well. I could also manage 29mpg highway and 24 in town driving like a Goon...

Perfect Daily

JOE

Attachments

• subaru 001.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 359
'04 Hemi 1500 Quadcab. Did everything I wanted. Wife didn't like it as it was 2 whl drive. 8 days stuck in the house due to snow. It was traded for a V6 Toyota fajaja.

I guess my old 1989 Dodge Turbo Mini Van.

Factory 2.5 Turbo with the A-413 automatic. No overdrive, no lock-up,
just 3.09 final drive ratio I believe.

Boost was at 11.5 with no intercooler.

I loved this thing on the street...not much it couldn't out
run for a couple of blocks.:burnout:

My daily driver for about 5 years.:D

I always thought those turbo vans were cool. would walk plenty a car and no one can live down a minivan womping em
That would have to be my old 76 big block 4spd truck, it was a blast to drive! Steamrollers on the back, and pizza cutters on the front! Drove really nice, great cruising ride!
Your truck has always been an inspiration for mine. I wanna get mine as clean as yours was. Maybe one day...

My 03 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon... Not really fast or has very good mpg but it looks good and can go just about darn near anywhere plus you get a convert in the summer and 4wd in the winter.
83BD1EB3-B982-488C-9A12-7FBF896C0134-6131-0000070486F7CE3F_zps0a1ed33d.jpg

My 5th Ave comfy and cops don't bother ya cause its an old man car ;)

my Stealth, for the same reasons joeboy mentions for his Scoobie, except I get better highway mileage (and might make more power :D)
http://s11.photobucket.com/user/hitman357/media/2007/Picture051.jpg.html

...although for sheer driving fun I'd go with the '66 mustang I had back in the '80s. I definitely put a lot more miles on that (like about 150,000 in 7 or 8 years lol- but I was a lot younger then)

1995 Celica over 200K miles on same engine and trans 1.8 5 Speed fun as heck to drive and get 28 MPG even with drivin it like I stole it
hope to soon do some upgrades to suspension and throw a turbo at it and get a repaint which is why it has a bra on it

Attachments

• IMG_5904.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_5927.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 306
1995 Celica over 200K miles on same engine and trans 1.8 5 Speed fun as heck to drive and get 28 MPG even with drivin it like I stole it
hope to soon do some upgrades to suspension and throw a turbo at it and get a repaint which is why it has a bra on it
My buddy is actually putting a 4AGZE in his. His is actually gunmetal grey though and he and I both have not see many like it.

My buddy is actually putting a 4AGZE in his. His is actually gunmetal grey though and he and I both have not see many like it.
I have been lookin into throwin a 2.2 in it too with a turbo but not sure what all needs to be changed to do it right.
Don't see many here either but a girl has the twin to mine in every way but the wheels and hers is an automatic and lives around me need to get some pics with her car

my 2004 honda civic i bought for 1800 bucks. its a total piece of ****, and has been hit on every corner, but the heat and a/c work, and it gets 35 miles to the gallon....'swat i like about it.

you asked,

I have been lookin into throwin a 2.2 in it too with a turbo but not sure what all needs to be changed to do it right.
Don't see many here either but a girl has the twin to mine in every way but the wheels and hers is an automatic and lives around me need to get some pics with her car

I have never seen an automatic. They are few and far between. All the ones I have seen here have been all of 3 colors: white, red, or black. his grey one and the other are the exception

Would you believe, a Gremlin ? Of all the different cars I've depended on to get me from A to B daily... 73 Gremlin w/304 wins. It's automatic choke worked flawlessly morning after morning. It was extremely quick from stop to stop and working through traffic in down town driving.
Highway 81 offers very few opportunities to go around anything but I did it regularly, even in places where I didn't have the broken yellow line permission.
Yes I was young and reckless / foolish back then. The fact that I'm still here says a lot for that little car.

Hummm hard choice between my '73-360-4spd Cuda or my '79 Magnum-360.

This is a tough one. For a non Mopar I loved my 90 Mustang GT. Had all the bells and whistles. Ok performance with 17-20 mpg around town and 25 mpg on the highway.
For a Mopar I love all (25) Mopars that I've owned but I'll go with my 2001 Ram 1500 Quad cab 4x4. Does everything I need for camping, towing and great New England winters. At 156,000 miles it's been going great. Now i just jinxed myself the tranny will go today. LOL!

My favorite Mopar daily driver was this 92 Iroc because it looked great,got great gas mileage and was a blast to drive.

Attachments

• Picture 1337.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 274
A toss up between my '69 Sport Satellite and my '89 Ramcharger.

The Sport is a 4 door, factory 383-4bbl car. Bought it from a body shop in PA. Too many holes in the body to pass PA inspection, the Q5 shot over in red oxide primer. Had too many people fooled into thinking it was slow, being a rusty 4 door.

The Ramcharger is a 318/TBI, 4 speed truck. Just outright the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Worked the ever livin' hell out of it, hauling, towing, pushing and it always came back for more, flipping me the finger, and asking me, "is that all you've got?"

My 1978 Mercedes 280CE. It was a very cool little coupe that ran no matter what. It just felt different than any other car I've owned. The frame finally rusted so badly it needed extensive work to keep it on the road but nothing mechanical ever broke on me. Great car.

1977 Ramcharger 4x4 with a built 440 six pac , came with a 360 but the crank walked on 2 360's so went and bought a 440 six pac . Drove it for 13 years putting around 150 miles a day or 350.00 to 500.00 a week . Can't imagine filling that beast at the price of gas today .

Nothing beats the old Omnis. My wife drives one my son also drives one

Attachments

• aomni82[1].jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCF0030[1].jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 244
  • aomni12%5B1%5D[1].jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 264
  • 33333[1].jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 254
  • DSCF2691.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 232
  • spoiler pics 015.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 238
  • spoiler pics 007.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 236
i think mine was a 2006 dodge ram 2500 mega cab with the cummins in it, then my jeep cherokee

My favorite daily driver was my 79 Dodge Diplomat, 2dr, 318 2bbl, auto, my uncle gave up on it said it stalled in the driveway and would not restart and said I could have it. It was in NJ and all I had to do was come down and get it. Dad and I decided to drive down one weekend and figured that the lean burn gave up on it, so I brought along a point type dist. a ballast resistor, some wire and connectors a test light and a timing light and while he was inside talking to my uncle I got the ole girl up and running and we headed back for Maine. Ran the doors off that car, Damn thing would roach a tire like crazy and got damn good mpg too. The good ole days of high school... made alot of memories in that car...

-
Back