Favorite coffee maker

Your favorite coffee maker

• Total voters
-
I have a Mr Coffee . I like the "sneak a cup" feature without making a mess. Also compared to the Bunn, the 8 cups of water that you put in is what you get out. My mother in laws bun doesn't get shut off and yesterday's 8 cups evaporates down to 6 so the first pot is like battery acid. Lol

Last edited:
Don't have one now but used to have a Bunn "Pouramatic". It was fast but we with company over mostly drinking coffee, it was fast and it kept up. Yes it will boil your coffee down if it sits idle.

French Press. My daughter got me one of these when she worked a Starbucks. Like the coffee it makes. Nice and strong. Plus it stays hot longer than the glass ones.
starbucks-barista-french-press-21240292_09072011163857.jpg

Last edited:
Keurig. I want a fresh cup and do not care to wait for a whole pot or changing filters

Bunn all the way! I can start the coffee, brush my tooth and coffee is ready by the time I'm done! :D

Bunn all the way! I can start the coffee, brush my tooth and coffee is ready by the time I'm done! :D
When I get up I put the water kettle on and put ground coffee in press. When it whistles the dog gets up comes running -time to go out. Doesn't matter if that's 7AM or 10AM. Pour water in. Take her outside. By the time she is done her business, coffee is ready. Press and pour. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Tassimo. Handy for a quick cup. One in house one in shop. Prefer the coffe shop/restaurant for coffee.
Wife got rid of our drip coffee maker years ago.

I vote for "D" All of the above!

I am a coffee addict!

My last two have been the same model of DeLonghi water fill door swings out for easy water fill and filter access. works best for my tiny kitchen.

"Tooth" now that's funny!

Must be from Oledale :rolleyes:

Had a Bunn at the rockfarm. Darn good machine. Of 8 employees I was the only coffee drinker :eek:.
1/2 pot would last me until lunch. Here at the casa Krups espresso maker. 4 shots of espresso in the morning is plenty to get my watch wound :rofl:

I'm kinda a coffee snob . I like mine robust with REAL cream or 1/2 & 1/2 . I use Mr. Coffee because it's cheap/Wallymart . The only issue with it is after a few minutes in the pot the coffee turns acidic or burnt . Just make a new pot , NBD

i have the original Melita we bought some 40 years ago.I'm badly spoiled.
My neighbour's occupation is roasting and selling coffee beans.When i get
my Ethiopian beans from him weekly they are still hot.We grind for each pot
minutes before we drip it manually.

If you really need a lot of coffee and need it available 24/7...
This is a current model of what I bought for the lunchrooms when I was facilities manager for 2 cold storage warehouses. Thermal carafes keep it hot and never burnt wasted coffee. Were about a $1000 each then - about 20 years ago. Double that now.
41iq8qo12DL.jpg

i have the original Melita we bought some 40 years ago.I'm badly spoiled.
My neighbour's occupation is roasting and selling coffee beans.When i get
my Ethiopian beans from him weekly they are still hot.We grind for each pot
minutes before we drip it manually.

The oooonly way to fly! :thumbsup:
I do like my Café du Monde on Mondays. Quick trip through the grinder to fine it up for the espresso machine.
Everyday basis Jose's Columbian and the house blend from Costco 2/1 into the grinder. 1/1 whole milk or evaporated milk when the whole milk runs out.

French Press is my favorite. For daily coffee needs, I like my Ninja coffee bar. Water fills easy, stays hot but not burnt, can select what brew you wish...rich brew is my usual pick.

We buy cheapo at Walmart too. We like Black and Decker for the lighted digital display and especially the removable basket. Didn't realize just how much we preferred it until wife brought home a cheapo Mr. Coffee as replacement. Handling the soggy paper filter alone can result in a mess on the floor.
Even though we learned the hard way to turn them off and wait until cooled before bumping ( adding cup of water and restarting ) they still don't live but about 2 years.They die without warning too. Soooo, a few years ago we bought one before actually needing one. The used one went into the box that the new one came out of. It sits in emergency reserve and has been pulled out for brief use a couple times. Some wise java junkies we have become. LOL

you're asking the wrong question
the machine is only a small part of the works, the beans is where the real coffee is made

for a machine, i have an old Mr coffee with a stainless steel, insulated carafe
this means there is no burner/hot plate under the carafe to "distill" the coffee

many times ill make a pot of coffee for friends at 1 or 2 AM and im the only one who has a cup
i get up in the morning , around 9 or so, and the coffee is still hot, and still GOOD

as for beans, when i dont have anything special, i drink yuban, i get it locally at meijers, its good and affordable
i use 2 1/2 scoops to make the 2 cups in drink in the morning (shows 4 cups on the window of the machine, you know how that goes)

funny thing is, my brother in law travels to south america for his work a lot, and he knows i like coffee so he brings me some coffee about once a month, or every other month
this stuff comes from peru, eqaudor, chile, all sorts of out of the way places

without exception, to make a good cup there, i use 2 scoops instead of the 2 1/2
pretty interesting

(oh, and when i go back home, i bring back some Douwe Egberts aroma rood, i grew up on that stuff, and they have been making coffee since the 1700s, so they know a thing or two)

i just never was able to get a good cup out of a keurig machine
they cant seem to be able to make it strong, without making it bitter

its kinda funny, at the house, i drink coffee black
anywhere else, i add sugar to make it drinkable

-
Back