Favorite discontinued candy or food.

-

MoparMuscleGuy

Still plays with cars.
Reaction score
Mine was the marathon bar in the 70's. It was about a foot long of braided caramel and milk chocolate.:notworth:

Dromedary Date Nut Bread. Came in a can. My grandma would serve it with cream cheese....it was only for special occations. She lived thru the great depression.

I really miss her. She was 'discontinued' back in 1990.

hawian cherry chews, don't really remember the name.
I used to walk home from school when I lived in long beach [3rd grade] and stop at the belmont shore market off redondo blvd. , they were like 5 cents.
I'd get chico stixs too and wachamacallit's

The semi sweet sour balls (hard candy) in the clear twist wrapper.

Most of the others I miss are now being reproduced under Wonka, Neeko, & others!

It is getting harder to find the butter mints though, and they are not as thick as they used to be.

I gained a few pounds just looking at the list. Maple Bun is the best IMO.

REAL M80's Oh sorry, I had fireworks on the brain. Mother's Cookies, their "Sugar Cookies". Mother's went out of business a while back. They however have been bought out and are back on the shelves but, the sugar cookies have not been brought back into production.

Hostess "Chocodiles" A chocolate covered twinkie like cake

Neeco Wafers. Make great pellet gun and .22 targets too.

Charleston Chews.
Cherry and Bub.
Those real long thin licorice I used be able to get in a package. I swear it was like 100 yards long.

I want some M-80's too. :) They were FUN!

Barquitos from the Schwanns man. Cornmeal shell with a chili topping that was so good with hot peppers and beer.And Nehi peach soda and orange and strawberry. Wonder why they went out of buisness.

Zero
zerobox.JPG

When I was young I went on a couple trips to Scotland and always looked forward to getting some macaroon bars.They never did sell these in Canada.

PowerHouse candy bar

Several of those listed are available at any Crackerbarrel in the gift shop, the powerhouse I have not seen in many years anywhere.

Those damn toaster pizzas ...but these were a shell filled with this orange stuff...it was a mix of the sauce and the cheese ... oh man they were sweeeeeet!

I miss the old breakfast cereals: Kaboom, Crispy Critters, Quake, Puffa Puffa Rice. They just don't make cereal like they used to. Cap'n Crunch tastes like petrified Cardboard nuggets.:pukerigh:

Sugar Pop's Cereal ... I know they still make it but years ago they took most of the sugar coating off. Now they taste like cardboard and melt in milk. Yuk !!!!

-
Back