Favorite Non-Mopar

-
My favorite of all the non Mopars I've owned was my 69 Corvette convertible, 427 tri power 4 speed. It was "Arrest Me Red" with a white interior and white top, I cannot tell you how many tickets I got in that car and I had my license suspended twice in the four years when I owned it.
That's my wife's bucket list car, only in Acapulco or Marina blue instead of red, she hates red.

I would like to have this one back, only mine was Gold . It was a 401 Nailhead 325 HP with a Super Turbine Drive 2 speed . Rode well, relatively quick and somewhat fuel efficient .( 16/21).

Buick 1965.jpg

I would like to have this one back, only mine was Gold . It was a 401 Nailhead 325 HP with a Super Turbine Drive 2 speed . Rode well, relatively quick and somewhat fuel efficient .( 16/21).

View attachment 1716124338
My asshole brother had two of those, one almost exactly as you described, gold with a black vinyl top, brown interior, and 401 nailhead. The other one was butternut yellow, no vinyl top, brown bucket seat interior, and a dual quad 401 (transplanted from a Riviera), and a 4 speed.

I have always had a soft spot for Ponty-knockers. No particular order...

1963s tempest, catalinas
65 gto ....

Of course a Henry J gasser would be awful to drive but way cool.

Willy Aero.

Heres my 69 mach 1 project. Not for the faint of heart. It actually starts.

20230806_205324.jpg

20201122_110458.jpg

I guess I have to be honest here. This is my favorite non Mopar.
GLADYS WHEELS.JPG

View attachment 1716124338

i *almost* bought a 4spd GS! in fact, i went to go buy it and on the lot they had a 49 dodge wayfarer... and i bought that instead. objectively the GS was the better car and obviously the one i should've bought!

i've always thought these were dead sexy cars.

63 galaxie 500 2dr non-xl, non "fast back". i had one with a 380 police interceptor and it was a wonderful car.

but i can find something to like in just about anything vintage rolling down the road.
My neighbor has this 63 with a 460 and 4 speed. Emblem say 428 but he said he checked the numbers and it's a 460.

Resized_20230224_091019(1).jpeg

Resized_20230224_091024.jpeg

Resized_20230224_091032.jpeg

I have this '79 T/A. It is a nice cruiser, and handles really well. Originally a 403 Olds car, but a previous owner installed an Olds 455. Awesome torque!!

(I'm going to probably trade or sell it soon - I have an urge to get a 1947 -ish Dodge Truck. Also, have a strange fetish for a 1967 C body with the fast back roof lines.)

79 Trans Am.jpg

I have this '79 T/A. It is a nice cruiser, and handles really well. Originally a 403 Olds car, but a previous owner installed an Olds 455. Awesome torque!!

(I'm going to probably trade or sell it soon - I have an urge to get a 1947 -ish Dodge Truck. Also, have a strange fetish for a 1967 C body with the fast back roof lines.)

View attachment 1716124563
Nice lookin car!

I don't know what my problem is with these but I am obsessed.................... Buick Grand National, it may be because they came out when I was in High School.

1987-last-buick-grand-national-front-view.jpg

I don't know what my problem is with these but I am obsessed.................... Buick Grand National, it may be because they came out when I was in High School.

View attachment 1716124576
They were just out of my price range when I bought my first new car (there have only been two in 48 years of driving) otherwise I would have gone and looked at them and likely bought one. My wife had a '76 Buick Skyhawk when we got married. We sold it to buy the GTS convertible, but when the GNX drive train came out that would have been sweet in the '76 even though those cars had problems with control arms breaking. We had already broken a rear sway bar.

img032 cropped.jpg

-
Back