Favorite Non-Mopar

-

rklein383

Reaction score
Willys for sure!

IMG_0423.jpeg

Anything older than 40 years old running down the road gets my vote. Every once in a while I scratch my head and wonder why the effort to keep _____ running but ya still have to hand it to them.

The favorite non-Mopar that I've owned in the past was my 1974 TransAm. It was beautiful and handled very well.

1974TA.jpg

63-67 Corvettes. I've had two; a 66 vert I did a cosmetic restoration on, and a 65 vert I did a frame off on.

1957 Chevy 210 2 door post.
Painted black and white to look like a ''widow maker''.

The entire story of the MkI -MkIV Ford GT-40s in the late 60’s makes my heart happy. If forced to choose, those would be the ones!

I get a rush off just many old cars as I relate to so many of them. Any brand really. Blasmemy!?
I have wanted for a few decades a 64 Merc Comet. No not a real hp car just a cheap builder. Got one a few months ago..Sorry no pics but I have done all the body/paint, some interior, picked up a complete and fresh?? 289 and need to make a trip to N Tx boneyard for the rear, f. suspension etc. It will get a repop ram air hood later.

Really, just about any 1957 anything. A great year for cars. 55-57 T-birds, 55-57 Chevys.
My personal favorite non Mopar that I own is this one

20210318_113239.jpg

20210318_113128.jpg

Uh...I don't own any non-Mopar products but, if I did it would be one of the following.

download (2).jpeg

20230804_173338.jpg

Lots to choose from but I would have to say I can't choose just one.
70 SS Chevelle
70 Buick GS
74 SD Trans am
87 Buick Grand National
95 Corvette ZR1
70 Corvette 454

My first "old muscle car was a 68 Olds 442. This was in the mid 80s and I found parts for it was "hard", then I got into Mopars!!!!!! I liked that 442.

One day I got tired of rust (this was about '92 and bought a 437 390 hp Vette and learned to do fiberglass and work on a friggin Vette.) MY last Vette to work on. Damn thing.

Then about '92 I sold all my V code E bodies and TAs and AARs and got deep into 68-70 B bodies. I got tired of hunting E body stuff!!! (Those B bodies were even rusty back then and it was NOT the rust belt either!) Yea I still love the Bs but who would pay $10000 for a rusted out roller!??

Then on a trip to Al. about '94 I drug home to Mo. a perfectly good 67 327 Camaro. Needed nothing $3000. ALL my Mopar buds laughed at me all summer driving it. Then fall came on and I found out to replace the heater core I had to pull a fender. Sold it!!!

I have a AMC Hornet today but IF it had a 360 it would be a keeper!

:BangHead::rofl:

My 2003 Mustang Cobra. I bought this car from an Ex Who was unable to maintain. But now is road worthy. Working with my son to get it to reasonable showing condition. (As a driver quality. Not red carpet show quality.)

This little guy was the "Hellcat" of its day. About 400 HP from a cute 4.6 liter DOHC aluminum block V-8. With a small Eaton supercharger. The package was called "The Terminator." And with a simple chip addition and smaller supercharger pulling. Can get boost and performance level over 500 HP. While still maintaining the then warranty. Made this guy a fast pony.

The concerns? The 6 speed manual stock shifter kinda sucks. But there are aftermarket solutions. The independent suspension rear end (Though VERY nice design for road course performance handling) will break with the performance upgrades and a pair of slicks for an all out drag race effort.

Car weights About 3600 lbs in street configuration and air conditioning. Today? It remains a cute street machine. Future? Unknown at this time. (I'm looking into Stock eliminator drag racing options. But DAMN that class has ALOT of rules.)

images (4).jpeg

austin martin DB6 because it looks like a long lost european cousin of a 67~69 fastback.

59 biscayne, high in the front, low in the back w with 327 4spd

63 galaxie 500 2dr non-xl, non "fast back". i had one with a 380 police interceptor and it was a wonderful car.

but i can find something to like in just about anything vintage rolling down the road.

-
Back