Favorite Non-Mopar

-
C2 corvette. Here is what I drive when I'm

IMG_4155.JPG
not in my 65 Dart. Inherited it from my Father in law.

Awesome ! I had '66 in orange, 302 transplant w/ auto on floor shift. Quarters, left fender,trunk lid, hood, doors and roof were good. Minor damage to passenger fender with a Moon Eyes sticker to cover or accent lmao !

This thing was somewhat of a dog but a beater that I thrashed mercilessly, known by some buddies as The Moontang.

Doors would hardly latch, leak at trans dipstick to trans, window, title issues etc.

Bought in Idaho from a classmates cousin in '78 for $ 700. Moved to Cali with no title so Dad wouldn't let me drive that. Bought a '69 Delta 88 that was nice for $ 500. After thrashing the trans on that I'd acquired title for The Moontang
and flew to Idaho, Dad was out of town, visited with Aunt Doris, jumped the battery and was off.

Over Donner Pass was a bit chilly at 2 ish a.m. in the fall with a light jacket and a driver window that was stuck down.

Put my last 9 or 10 bucks in the tank in Bakersfield and coasted into Ventura on fumes.

I thrashed that in Lima bean fields, unimproved Beach access etc. and avoided Main Street on Friday and Saturday night - park offside and walk to some buds.

I believe it quit running and I did not bother to mess with. Sold to a Father/Son from Simi for $ 300 as had an eye on a motorcycle for the same within walking distance lol.

The Moontang was awesome on the mountain dirt road from Garden Valley to Idaho City. That should be a time trial race if it's still somewhat the same.

A bud and I still laugh about the car aka The Whistler due to a SEVERE vacuum leak. I'd cruise by his parents house all hours of after midnight to see if garage was open. His Dad made me park a few doors down as leaked so much trans fluid.

Good God what a hoot and great car lmao.

Awesome ! I had '66 in orange, 302 transplant w/ auto on floor shift. Quarters, left fender,trunk lid, hood, doors and roof were good. Minor damage to passenger fender with a Moon Eyes sticker to cover or accent lmao !

This thing was somewhat of a dog but a beater that I thrashed mercilessly, known by some buddies as The Moontang.

Doors would hardly latch, leak at trans dipstick to trans, window, title issues etc.

Bought in Idaho from a classmates cousin in '78 for $ 700. Moved to Cali with no title so Dad wouldn't let me drive that. Bought a '69 Delta 88 that was nice for $ 500. After thrashing the trans on that I'd acquired title for The Moontang
and flew to Idaho, Dad was out of town, visited with Aunt Doris, jumped the battery and was off.

Over Donner Pass was a bit chilly at 2 ish a.m. in the fall with a light jacket and a driver window that was stuck down.

Put my last 9 or 10 bucks in the tank in Bakersfield and coasted into Ventura on fumes.

I thrashed that in Lima bean fields, unimproved Beach access etc. and avoided Main Street on Friday and Saturday night - park offside and walk to some buds.

I believe it quit running and I did not bother to mess with. Sold to a Father/Son from Simi for $ 300 as had an eye on a motorcycle for the same within walking distance lol.

The Moontang was awesome on the mountain dirt road from Garden Valley to Idaho City. That should be a time trial race if it's still somewhat the same.

A bud and I still laugh about the car aka The Whistler due to a SEVERE vacuum leak. I'd cruise by his parents house all hours of after midnight to see if garage was open. His Dad made me park a few doors down as leaked so much trans fluid.

Good God what a hoot and great car lmao.
Thanks! It’s a 302 5 speed I just like driving the little car. I have a red one same year 351 W 5 speed they are both great drivers but the red one is definitely faster

The 68-72 is my favorite Nova years. With a properly prepared big block and suspension, not much on the street will come around you.
And if you and I lived a lot closer together, I would likely have a 402 or 409 in it. I think that was what you built a while back.

And if you and I lived a lot closer together, I would likely have a 402 or 409 in it. I think that was what you built a while back.
Yes sir. It's a 402. I'm actually building it back right now. I sold it to Kitty's cousin, we had the typical Comp Cams hyd cam and lifter failure on break in and now it has a small street solid roller.

This is a very difficult question for me.
But probably something from Studebaker

Last edited:
-
Back