Favorite Westerns?

-

mguner

How many is too many?
Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack 67Dart273's thread on Valdez but it got me thinking. There are so many I enjoy and can watch over and over again and recite lines etc. My wife will walk in the room and see what is on and just roll her eyes. Tons of Gary Cooper, Glenn Ford, Jane Russell and Randolph Scott movies I can't even begin to name but a few that I can...

Rio Bravo
Eldorado
Rio Lobo
The Undefeated
Cahill US Marshall
The Cowboys
The Comancheros
The Train Robbers
The Magnificent Seven
The Wild Bunch
The Pale Face (Comedy) Bob Hope
The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw (Comedy) Jayne Mansfield hubba hubba
Cat Ballou (Comedy with Hanoi Jane) :( Lee Marvin is priceless in this!
The Outlaw Josey Wales
High Plains Drifter
Conagher
Quigley Down Under
Crossfire Trail
The Shadow Riders
Mackenna's Gold
The Lone Ranger (yep Johnny Depp)

There's so many I couldn't name em. Easier for me to see one and then "ya that was good." LOL. No thanks on Johnny Depp.

"Man of the West," Gary Cooper and a bunch of others. Anything with Eastwood.

Most of the "color" John Wayne. Some of his old old BW stuff was rather corny. "The Shootist" of course,

My all time favorite is Fist full of Dollars. Then 2 mules for sister Sara. Both Clint Eastwood movies. LOTS of great Westerns. Unforgiven, GREAT! Open Range, Another GREAT Western. IMO!

The gunsmith in Eldorado is a guy named Olaf Wieghorst. He has a very interesting Bio and if you get a chance look him up. A pretty famous western artist.

I have two;

The 1969 Dart Western Sport Special.

The 1970 Challenger Western Sport Special.

The Cowboy's was a great movie, Shane I've watched several times and will again, Quigley Down Under, Siverado, Open Range, are just a few. Tombstone and Wyatt Earp came out about the same time. Wyatt Earp was probably more historically correct, but Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer were more realistic in Tombstone. I love westerns, and there are way too many to list.

Almost any western with John Wayne, Glen Ford, Clint Eastwood, Jimmy Stewart,

Anything JOHN WAYNE I have 3/4 of his movies. I even have his first when he is in late teens. My name is WAYNE & my mom is a huge JOHN WAYNE fan mmmm lol

A few......
Joe Kid
Once Upon a Time in the West
Support Your Local Sheriff / Gunfighter
Maverick
McClintock
True Grit
Rooster Cogburn
The Shootist

A few......
Joe Kid
Once Upon a Time in the West
Support Your Local Sheriff / Gunfighter
Maverick
McClintock
True Grit
Rooster Cogburn
The Shootist

Can't believe I forgot some of these.... The C-96 Mauser in Joe Kid especially cool... Seems like there are some Steve McQueen westerns I am forgetting too... Speaking of turn of the century westerns and automatic pistols.... Big Jake!

A couple more...
Bite the Bullet
Hang 'Em High
The Quick and the Dead

The Good The Bad and The Ugly... One of my Favorites... The Best line in The Unforgiven. Who owns this **** hole!!! lol

I got pretty good doing the lines from "The Swede" in Eldorado when he was selling the 12 gage pistol to James Caan.

It belonged to a fella he don't see too good so he just shoot where he hear something. One day he followed a fella into a bar and the piano was so noisy he can't hear nothing so he just shoot the piano player, and they hung him.....

I said I didn't have much use for one Didn't say I didn't know how to use it

That's a good one for sure!

How about in Eldorado when Arthur Hunnicutt says to Mitchum, " The first time in months I felt like doin' nuthin fer ya and now you don't want me to do it!"

Mitchum looks at Wayne and asks, "Is there something wrong with that or is it just my hangover?"

-
Back